Holly Rose Rushton - Labour & Birth story with pic x

Sunnyb

Reaction score
Well I thought while I get a couple of minutes between feeds I'd update you on my labour & birth story.
Firstly can I congratulate all of you that have had babies whilst I have been in labour & since having Holly - well done to all of you xxx
My labour story starts Tuesday 14th June in the evening after a day of major car cleaning I had a show & had mild cramps during the night. I had my consultant midwife appointment on the 15th June & was booked for induction 26th June, but the consultant said she thought I'd be back within the week after performing a stretch & sweep on me.
After my stretch & sweep the pains got worse & starting to come more often.
At around 2am Thursday 16th June I lost the rest of my plug & could not sleep due to cramping pains every 20 minutes. My hubby called his mum & met her halfway (they live in Bridlington) & brought her to our house to look after Joseph. I managed the pain all day & kept mobile, but by 5.30pm the pains were coming every 10 minutes & lasting 1 minute & I was sure my waters were leaking. I called the hospital & they asked me to head in.
We arrived around 7pm & I was examined & told I was 1.5cm dilated & that they wanted to keep me in to check my progress for 4 hours. After 4 hours I'd dilated to around 3.5cm & as we'd made a longish journey & I was progressing, they decided to admit me. I was really tired as I'd not slept for nearly 24 hours. They fed us tea & toast & provided blankets & told us to try & get some sleep, but I was too uncomfortable. I used the birthing ball to try to progress things quicker.
By 8am on 17th June I was 6cm dilated & stayed that way for a few hours. I managed the pain just using my TENS machine. At around midday they gave me a Meptid injection to help ease some aching & gave me an antisickness injection too. Around 30 minutes later the pains were getting stronger & faster & I was examined & 7.5cm.
By 2pm the pains were not been fully helped by the TENS so I used gas & air. I was checked at 3pm & was still 7.5cm so with my permission they broke the rest of my waters. After that I dilated fully within 30 minutes & felt the urge to push around 3.30pm. At this point I was quite delirious & started to cry as I felt I was losing control. They took the gas & air off me & calmly got me back in control breathing through my contractions. I was crying through fear as when I started to push is where it all went wrong with Joseph. I managed to deliver within 36 minutes & had second degree tearing in a few places so needed a lot of stitches. But at 4.06pm on Friday 17th June, Holly Rose Rushton arrived weighing in at a very healthy 8lb 8oz!
They had a couple of issues delivering the placenta & stitching me, so I was put on an anti-bleeding drip & kept in overnight for observation. All was well so we were discharged on Saturday 18th June at 10pm! Shortage of staff meant a lot of waiting around to go home.
I was sooooo tired as I'd had about 3 hours sleep in almost 72 hours. Holly was really unsettled on our first night home too, so I was totally knackered by Sunday!
She now sleeps & feeds every 2 hours & apart from piles from pushing, sore stitches & engorged breasts I'm fine.
Here's a picture of Holly & I'll put some more on later.
5ced2097.jpg

Thanks for all your lovely comments & well wishes & good luck to all TTC or expecting. The pain is all so very worth it x

Sunnyb xxx

Last edited:
Aaaaw congratulations she is beautiful :)) well done! xxx

I live in Bridlington....made me smile as us brid peeps don't often get a mention lol.....Congrats again xxx

Oh wow she is gorgeous!!! Congratulations sunny, well done!! xx

congratulations hun, she's so gorgeous :) x

She's gorgeous congratulations Hun xx

Congratulations! She's beautiful xxx

Awesome hun :) Congrats on a lovely lil Lady!

Lxx

gorgeous...sounds like you did so well after you had such an awful time the first time round. i am so so pleased for you..congratulations

xxx

Congrats sunny :) I hope ican manage like you with tens and gas and air. Very long labour though! Holly is beautiful xxx

Ah, she's beautiful! Sounds you did a fab job :). Congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back