Holiday with a 3 month old?

lauralou

Reaction score
Girls, opinions please.

would you take a 3 month old baby abroad?x

Depends where? Somewhere like Spain then yes, somewhere like Egypt then probably not. Also I'm assuming your talking about your baby so it will be October and not too hot which is good.

Just got to think millions of women have babies in "insert chosen destination" so shops and stuff will sell everything you need, and if your breastfeeding then you don't have to worry about sterilising ect x

Personally no!

Im guna wait till Noah is about 3/4 yrs old before going abroad.
But thats just my opinion. I wouldn't like to handle the stress n everything spesh with being a 1st time mum.

Where u looking to go??? :) xx

Personally I wouldn't. We have discussed going away next summer when he's around 1 ... and even this is scaring us haha

With being so young I'd be worried about packing EVERYTHING and not getting into a proper routine at home.

But it's all personal opinion.. I'm just a worrier :)

possibly Portugal? so the flight wouldn't be too much, and the weather would be around 23 degrees so nothing Egypt style.

we took ty abroad when he was 8 months old to Zante and altho he screamed the whole way there, he loved the holiday, he ate and slept and played in the pool and it was great to get away and relax. just wondering if itd be mad to even consider it with a 3 month old?

id take sterilising tablets/liquid, and loas of nappies etc but not much else id need? theyd have cots etc, so its just a case of would it be the right thing to do? we would just go all inclusive to a hotel, so wouldn't have to worry about eating out every night or cooking.
It would just be so nice to have a little holiday and I know ty would love it, he keep sasking when we are going to the beach, cuz he saw my suitcase in the babys room (full of my hospital things!!)

Just don't know what to do, obviously wouldn't book it til last minute but I just wanted ur opinions xxx

Last edited:
Ty has already been abroad 5 times lol, omg he sounds so spoilt!!

just feel bad not taking him away this year :/ x

Id looove to do it but im such a stress head.
And i keep finding myself watching sun sea and A+E lol and all the lil kids going into hosp. Id breakdown and scream for my mum if that happened with Noah lmao! (im a weirdo thinking the worst)

If uve done it before tho and feel confident id go for it hun! you could get cheap last min deals for oct time! xx

Just tri hopping! We're planning on a holiday next June/july when she will be about 8 months. Older than 3 months but I think I would still consider it, it would do you all good to have family time and just pay for an extra suit case for everything else you need, you might not even need an extra case. I would say go for it!

I'd do it. As long as you were mega organised I think you'd be fine x

apart from taking so much stuff, and the flights, the actual holidays were easy. I absolutely hate the flights tho, I was on edge all the way there and all the way back. I think when he was 2-3 they were the worst times, as he wouldn't stay in his seat and would scream at me, so embarrassing! but hes just got to that age where a film and some games on my phone and hes happy. the last few times we have stuck to Ibiza as the flights are quick too.

oooh im just gona have to see how it feels at the time, if money is ok and we can find a cheapo deal I might just do it, would be so nice to get away. OH has a week off from work so would be nice to do something, but also ty would have started school so it wouldn't look good taking him out for a week when hes only just bloody started! ooops x

Chances are we will be! Inlaws live in Spain so we only have the flight to worry about although im already stressing about it ha!! Xx

whens half term..? thats oct time isnt it??? dno if prices might shoot up then tho x

well the half term week is already booked up at his work so he couldn't have it off. I cant see how a week out of school that early could do much harm tho really? the school wont like it but sod them, I wana treat my boy to a holiday! we usually have to go in the summer holidays anyway cuz OH gets set holidays at work and has two weeks off in august, so it always costs us more than we want to pay. but its so worth it! x

Sounds like you've made up your mind to me :p x

Last edited:
Hahaha I really have! get me in that sunshine!!!!!!!xxx

well the half term week is already booked up at his work so he couldn't have it off. I cant see how a week out of school that early could do much harm tho really? the school wont like it but sod them, I wana treat my boy to a holiday! we usually have to go in the summer holidays anyway cuz OH gets set holidays at work and has two weeks off in august, so it always costs us more than we want to pay. but its so worth it! x

I'm a teacher and I'm all for taking kids away in term time. They get a lot more out of a holiday than they do a week on school. I think most teachers think the same, it's just county councils and the government put pressure on schools to not authorise holidays. Don't let the school make you feel bad x

We're planning a big family holiday when baby's about 8/9 months, we're taking grandparents and OHs brother and their baby (he was spose to be 8 months too but he'll be almost 12!!).

I'd say go for it, you've done it enough times you'll know what to expect :)

thanks Bee that makes me feel better about it. they really do make u feel bad round here, the kids have already had letters sent home saying no holidays during term time will be authorised, and they will report every absence to the welfare officers which may result in a fine. jeeeez harsh!
x

I always feel so bad for parents when the school are funny with them. Holidays are so expensive in the holidays and some work places simply won't give people time off in school holidays so does that mean kids are never allowed a holiday?! It's crazy. I reckon they're just trying to scare you with a fine, I've never heard of anyone who's actually had this followed through x

id fight it if they tried to fine us, im sure they wouldn't go that far tho, maybe if its a regular thing then they might get a bit arsey, but I cant see a one off being a problem.

think im just craving the sun and alcohol and holidays cater for both of my requirements haha!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back