Holiday in tri 3 question...

Fordee

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've made a leap from tri 1 to tri 3 to ask this question.
Hubby and I are looking to take a holiday with our daughter when I will be 28 wks. I have my eye on a lovely campsite in Spain, by the beach, staying in a lodge with air con. It is likely to be approx 26-28 degrees that time of year. My question, as some of you are around or have just passed this mark, do you think you could enjoy a holiday abroad in your current state?
We haven't had a holiday for 2 years, we have never been away just the 3 of us, and we know there is no chance of affording a holiday for years to come once #2 is here. So, we will definitely go somewhere, but I want to be sure that I won't be a miserable old mare and wish we had just driven down to Cornwall instead.
What do you ladies think? My DD is an August born, so I have very vivid memories of being permanently hot, sweaty and uncomfortable during the last trimester. It seemed like I was the only one wishing the summer to go away in 2005!

To be honest I felt good at the 28 week mark, sickness gone, energy levels back and bump not too big so for me this would have been an ideal time to go on holiday. Obviously it was autumn when I was at this stage so I don't know how I would have coped with the heat but 26-28 is a nice temperature so you should be fine. Just sit in the shade / pool if u feel uncomfortable in the sun. I say go for it my regret is that we didn't go away before baby arrives x

Hi hun, I personally would have been ok with going away on holiday at 28 weeks as I wasn't really all that uncomfortable at that stage... I wasnt really restricted with movements nor did i have aches and pains. As soon as I got to 35 weeks I don't think I could have handled it. That's just me though. I know a lot of women on here have been uncomfortable and in pain from 25 weeks if not earlier. I think it's up to you and how u feel at the time. I'd recommend waiting n going for a last minute booking xx

X

I don't think I would of complained if I was away. I was 28wks over Christmas and new year and I felt great. Just as you know if this is no2 that it takes a little while to get comfy and if you are like me I know walk at a snails pace.

28 weeks was a good point for me too. Bump not big enough to stop me doin things and felt pretty good xx

Same as rest -Def a good time to be going. Xxx

Thanks ladies, just wanted to be sure. These holidays are expensive so I didn't want to feel like we have wasted our money.
Also, we're not planning to invite any family this time so I fully expect them to try and put a downer on it for us. Hopefully with just the 3 of us we will leave our stresses at home. Lol.
Good luck everyone in your 3rd trimester!

i drove back from southern spain (where my parents live) at 26 wks and i was fine and dandy, the way i see it you can take aslong as you like and stop as many times as you want id also recomend the portsmoth - billbao ferry, its an overnighter, but we lovely ladies are eligable for the disabled room (its bigger right neer the shop yet quiet and priority bording and disembarcation) its brittany ferries have fun thats what i say a little of what you fancy does you good :OD xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back