Hitting and grabbing :s

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Hi!!!
Well, Sofia is 11 months old now, and she has taken to proper hitting people in the face with this horrid evil look on her face! She grabs and scratches and all sorts! It's really bizarre, she's a good girl most of the time, it's when you hold her.

Any ideas about stopping?? I tell her off, but not sure an effective way!

Oscar is now coming out of this phase.

I don't think they are being aggresive or actually trying to hurt etc, it's just another development learning phase!

Oscar got told not to constantly but it made no different, he thinks 'no' is funny :wall2:

He is still pulling my hair but no more hitting or scratching etc.

he will be 1 next week, so hopefully your LO will be through it soon also!

H went through this you just have to be persistent and say no and try not to laugh!family used to find it funny but I had to tell them to tell him it's not nice!he had a big thing for glasses so have had to stop as most of the family wear them and he seems to have stopped at the mo!

We have this too - and biting! It's like having a puppy in the house, all I keep hearing is a big 'NO!' and I know she's biting her Daddy :lol: We do the telling off 'No' and then distract her straight away with a toy etc to divert her attention from the 'bad' behaviour. Then we tell her 'good girl' when she's playing nicely. She's now learnt to say 'good girl' as well which is sooo cute!

Ahh thanks guys! It's embarrassing having to warn people she may take their eyes and nose off their face whenever people visit or whatever! Lol! I used to think it was funny but obviously it's got to the point where it's quite often! So I have taken all your advice and try distracting and saying no! She only has 1 tooth so not had too much biting issues Becki! Thanks soooo much :) xx

I would take her hand & place it on her lap & say no in a firm voice & do it every time, make sure you show it in your facial expression too. At that age they are experimenting with their hands & boundaries, this is when u teach them what isn't acceptable!!

Good luck

:)

Oh we get this too Lexi, like he is testing us, I try not to use No as he also thinks this is funny and it seems to spur him on!! He thinks the word naughty is funny too! I keep his nails very short and work on him with the word Gently and be nice , we practice on the cat!! Hope he grows out if it soon, he now has 10 teath and my shoulders have actually lost skin now from the biting!!

Maia does the same! Even when she wants to give you a kiss she grabs a big chunk of your face to pull you in and its blooming sore! Her hair pulling is terrible too and shes constantly swiping at our faces or scratching us. Glad its not just our baby thats doing it! Must just be a phase they all go through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back