Little ressurance and advice for lady on my ward..

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this poor nurse has been here for two days now being induced.. She's had all the gel she can have and had contractions that were strong and stopped same time as me (weird!!) but still her cervix isn't favorable.. They have suggested breaking her waters but as the Internet is evil it's made her not want to have it done as her bishops score is 4 and it says it's not in her best interests to have them broken...
As far as I'm aware when your waters break they release a hormone that speeds things up... She's terrified of a section and she is 42weeks today so baby needs to come out today!!
Do any of you have any experience in having waters broken and it making it better/worse/same progression wise? Or any info at all would be most grateful she is so fed up and worried that this isn't what's best for her.. It's her first child..
They've taken her to delivery to discuss what they want to do, they may break her waters but I dont know if she is going to cooperate.. She just needs reassurance this is best for HER not just standard text book 'what to do next'

When my contractions weakened off they broke my waters and it all really kicked off, big contractions! This lady can ask to be monitored re: placenta and does not have to be pushed into anything today, or feel rushed. She can decline a section and ask to be monitored instead until natural labour kicks off x

How can she be monitored by placenta I've never heard of that...
Thanks for replying I'll be sure to tell her once she's back and I'm off this monitor lol

Hey Hun can't believe this is still going on! I agree they should examine u anyway!

Exactly as above really.

Baby doesn't have to come out today and she can hold off as long as she likes. Theyll just monitor her, the baby and the placenta to make sure everything is ok. I had my waters broken during an induction and I wouldn't have it again as it sped things up and that wasn't what I wanted.

Hope she has the confidence to do what she believes is right for her :hug:

They scan her either everyday or every other day to check the placenta. :)

Lol @ mrsmc lol!!

Thanks ladies for replying.. She wants things to progress quicker now but wants to be sure it's what's best for her body as it is now.. Which is understandable!!

I've never heard of those ways of monitoring! Good idea!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back