Highchairs

Oohhh... I like that one - very funky! Really don't know anything about highchairs, so would also like to get opinions from ladies who have 'been there, got the highchair!'

I've always bought a cheaper one and it's done the trick. I don't think they are in them long enough to pay a lot but it's up to you hun.
Asda do one that is good enough x

I have a Chicco high chair that has a tray etc but my LO eats at the table with us so tray is off, chair is lowered - if I'd thought about this I would have got one of the basic little wooden or plastic ones (they would be SO much easier to clean too). Tbh all the options of seat position, arms up arms down, seat height etc is pretty baffling and unnecessary! I conclude (lol) that I don't think it's worth paying a bomb for a fancy pants high chair, a basic one is just as good.

It's a lovely chair but I wouldn't pay big money for one. I have always preferred the wooden highchairs as they are so easy to clean x

In my experience the more reasonably priced plastic/wooden ones have always done the trick just fine...

I brought an all singing all dancing highchair first off and it was a pain to put away and big and just unneeded really. I went to ikea and got the £10 one and it's brilliant.

Also have you looked at the chairs that attach to the table? They're apparently brilliant and take up zero space and LO will always be at the table with you.

Also have you looked at the chairs that attach to the table? They're apparently brilliant and take up zero space and LO will always be at the table with you.
We always used one of those with our older two for taking to restaurants, etc, and they were brill! Couldn't use it at home as our table wasn't sturdy enough, though.

I was just coming on to post a thread asking about high chairs..u beat me to it!

Been on holiday the last week so just glanced Ur other thread, hope Ur ok hunny xxx

It took me ages to decide and we finally decided on a Stokke Tripp Trapp after deciding I liked the science of it- they are designed to make the baby sit up rather than slouch in a seat that's too big for them. There is a new born seat so it can be used from birth and grows with the child and can also be used as an adult seat- it's surprisingly comfy!! It is pricey (about £300 all in) but I figure it's worth it since he won't only be in it for 2 years xx

We just bought a high chair last month & things we considered were -

- Is it easy to fold away, its not always gonna be...out!

- It needs a 5 point harness, if it doesn't have a harness coming between legs LO can slip down, and if it doesn't have straps going over shoulders they can climb out. I found alot of the cheaper highcharis werent 5point harness, only 2, which means they can slip down &/or climb out.

-Is it easy to clean? What about the straps, if they're white they stain easily.

The one you have picked looks cool, but doesn't look like it could fold away. They aren't in highchairs for long, when they get to around age 2 they move onto a wee table & chair.

xxxx

Thanks ladies, you have all been a great help. Just spotted a mothercares wooden one that transfers to a chair and table, looks pretty cool! Going to go in the store tomorrow and sit H in them and see how she is.

Think your right about that one not folding away LM x

We had a mothercare table & chair one like you mentioned with my first LO, it was great, dont get me wrong it was quite bulky but it was really sturdy & did LO until she started primary school as a table & chair, very handy.

xxxxxxxx

I just ordered the M+P san remo one for £35 it's one of the only ones I could find that folds completely flat without being thin material.

It took me ages to decide and we finally decided on a Stokke Tripp Trapp after deciding I liked the science of it- they are designed to make the baby sit up rather than slouch in a seat that's too big for them. There is a new born seat so it can be used from birth and grows with the child and can also be used as an adult seat- it's surprisingly comfy!! It is pricey (about £300 all in) but I figure it's worth it since he won't only be in it for 2 years xx

We're getting this one. Well my num brought it for us this week so we haven't collected and played yet!

Those ones are fab Lou rose got great use out of hers x

I had a fancy mamas and papas high chair but coz LO was tiny she always slipped down in it so by 7 months she was in a booster seat up the table! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back