hi

jenna

Reaction score
Im jenna im almost 18 years old. I got married almost a year ago now! its gone so fast. having a family means the world to me, iv wanted children since i was tiny myself! :lol:

Im not pregnant yet..i join this forum because i had a few questions before i actually got pregnant. :think: (i actually joined yesterday) Iv also stoped taking the pill and im hopeing to get pregnant soon :)

Picture_35.jpg

Hi Jenna!
Im Lilli, pregnant with my first baby, a little girl who we have named Seris. I live with my OH and we got married last year. I hope you have a greta time here!

May i ask, why would oyu like to be a mother at 18? Im 25 and i cant believe i will be one! :lol:

i looked after my cousin since he was born and i miss him :( plus i feel ready

But you have your whole life ahead of you! Dont you want to go to uni or achieve something beofre you take on a child?

i have a good job right now (im a civil servant) and i always hated the idea of collage and uni. I dont drink or smoke or go out much really iv always had my mind set to having a family ever since i was little. I just think bringing up a child is the most amazing experiance any person could ever have.

Also the most challenging! Are sure your mentally, physically, emotionally ready? Having a baby changes your whole perspective on hings. Waat i syour homelife like? Is it suitable to bring a baby into? You need to think about all of these when planning a baby. It took me and my husband months to decide that it felt right.

lilli i have read ur post and was just wondering tdo u have a problem with teen parents??
im a teen mummy i am not with B's dad he did a runner a story i wont go into i love my lil boy more than anything in the world and would do anything for him just coz our age is ending in a teen does not mean we are gonna be worse parents than one with an age of 25 etc! some one i know is on her 3rd baby at 35 and dont care about the kids at all and i as long as other teen mums i know put our babies before us,
anyway sorry for going on i just wanted to say just coz were teenagers dont mean ewe make bad mums

Lilli said:
Also the most challenging! Are sure your mentally, physically, emotionally ready? Having a baby changes your whole perspective on hings. Waat i syour homelife like? Is it suitable to bring a baby into? You need to think about all of these when planning a baby. It took me and my husband months to decide that it felt right.

you could say that to a 20 year old but most people probebly wouldnt because there older and seen as more responsable. I have a house and a full time job and most people my age dont even get out of bed till dinner... :| that doesnt show that i would be a good mum but it shows im not a "typical" teenager and im not scared of taking on responsabilites.

My friends daughter was 15 when she had her baby, and i have no problem with it. She loves him, cares for him, and gives everything she has to him. I just feel sorry for her as she now has to put all her life into the baby, and she will never experiance going out getting drunk, having unlimited time ever again. Its not that i have a problem with teen parents, its just i feel for them, as i dont want them ot waste thier life!

jenna said:
Lilli said:

you could say that to a 20 year old but most people probebly wouldnt because there older and seen as more responsable. I have a house and a full time job and most people my age dont even get out of bed till dinner... :| that doesnt show that i would be a good mum but it shows im not a "typical" teenager and im not scared of taking on responsabilites.

If you have lived your life to the full, and had a much fun as possible, and everything in your life is fine and stable - i say go for it!

Lilli, I know you wont be meaning to but you sound very anti teen mums. :shakehead:

I am 23, and no matter what age you are, motherhood is such a transition in lifestyle. It can be mentally and physically exhausting, and just because u r a teen Jenna, does not mean u wont be able to handle/cope with it.

Do not listen to anyone, go with your gutt instinct, I'm sure u will b a fabby mum :lol:

This forum is here to provide support for everyone, and advice. I believe we are all individuals, and as such all have different experiences. What I was like at 20, another person may have been at 18, or at 27. I chose to have my baby when I personally felt ready, and that worked for me (though at 27 I still don't feel old enough to be a mum lol, but am looking plenty old enough after a sleepless night). No-one can say when it is the right time for someone to have a baby. I can see both sides, yes I think that it is good if you have lots of life experiences (I went travelling, went to Uni, etc etc) but I had a heck of a lot of life experience at 18 and how can you gfeel like you have missed out through having a baby. You just have different experiences thats all, and for some that is the experience they wish to have.

After that speech, welcome Jenna to the forum. I hope you find it very supportive and enjoy your time here. Good luck with the TCC.

Any questions please PM either myself or one of the other mods. xxx

hya and welcome jenna good luck with ttc hun xxxxxxxxx

Hi Jenna and welcome to the ttc club, wishing you all the luck in the world xx

Welcome Jenna! You sound like you've got your head screwed on, so I wish you all the best with ttc!

Beanie you're talking sense girl!

Lilli, its good to see someone brave enough to question a decision and play devils advocate, I don't think its being mean its being bloody honest which is good to see, having a baby is after all not easy, how else is Jenna going to be 100% sure of her decision unless she is questioned, she could be making a big mistake, no one here knows her background. Jenna has replied to Lilli's questions and shown she has the maturity, understanding and strength to be a young Mum so I commend both of them. How many people bother to even consider there own actions or have the courage to question those of others.

Yes this is a support group, supporting Mums and Mums to be, but surely this site also offers support in making one of the biggest decisions of your life. Sometimes it really isn't the right time to have a baby, whatever your age and people must realise this, if not they surely lack the maturity to have a child!

Good luck hunny

Kat x

true, and thats why i joined. I wanted to get my questions answerd before i made a mistake, for mine and and the babies sake!

Hi Jenna & welcome to the forum.

Good luck TTC to concieve & we are all here fo you to answer any questions. You do sound like you know what you're doing & seem to have your head screwed on the right way round.

Personally I wouldn't have like to have had a child at that age (I'm 30 now) because I wanted to go to college & do the job I always wanted to do, which I did (i'm airline cabin crew) I did the whole moving out of my parents & sharing with colleagues, went out lots, drunk too much, was naughty probably too many times :shock: & had the freedom to do what I wanted without being tied at all, infact I now wish I'd done more before getting a husband, a dog & a baby, don't get me wrong wouldn't change it for the world but I do have a couple of regrets. Saying that in a way I wish i'd had my first child earlier as I want a large family but we'll see what happens.
Each to their own I say & if you're happy then go for it. Hope to talk to you soon.

Nicki.x :D

Hi Jenna,

I think if you feel you are 100% ready and are totally aware of what having a baby means then go for it. You seem very mature for your age, good luck in TTC. Just make sure its DEFINATELY what you want!!
Hope you get your +++++ soon, if you need to ask any questions feel free to ask away.

Hi Jenna,

Welcome to the forum hun!

I believe to a certain extent it doesn't matter how old you are 18 or 40, having a baby changes your life in ways you could never think possible and it teaches you responsibility along the way, NONE of us knew everything when having our first babies, and for those of you TTC your first, there is nothing that can prepare you 100% for the change a baby brings.........you can imagine, but doing it for "real" is very different, and we ALL have to learn along the way, and there isn't a time this learning stops, as there are so many things learned and faced as they get older..........making us all wiser for next time (I hope LOL).

I am sure many people will agree, that you don't have to be a teenager to be immature, nevermind want any responsibillities, I know many a 30 plus yr old that need to grow up! So when someone like you (Jenna) comes along, it is refreshing that they have the maturity to think something so serious through before going ahead with it.....................

I wish you all the best babe in TTC and your future!

Tam x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back