Hi newbie here with a question!!

misspink87

Reaction score
Hi ladies :) im new to this site but not to ttc. i use bounty too. im 24 and have a little boy who is 2 and a half and have been casually ttc number two for a couple of months. question i have is i have been having +opk's since friday, they may well have been positive before friday if i had tested before then. i was on cd17 when i took the first one and have been getting + ones still right up to today (cd20). when would i class myself as 1dpo? i normally ovulate around cd13/14 but it seems to be later this cycle (i also decided not to use opk's this month to 'relax' lol) im going insane coz i have never had so many +'s this many days in a row! argh! any help would be ace, thanks ladies xx

I think u take the day after the opk's go negative as 1dpo. But most of the time they say stop testing after ur first pos opk and count 1dpo from the day after. I'm not much help, :blush: I have a similar situation as I had pos opk's for 3 days on cd16.17, & 18, but I have a 30 day cycle. Xx

I had a look at my tests and they say that they predict the lh surge to 30 hrs so for instance if your actual surge was on monday you would also have positives on sunday and tuesday and probably lines on sat and weds so two days of lines but not positive would mean your surge was three or four days ago. However your egg can be released up to 24hrs after your surge and so a positive on monday would probably mean an egg alive on tues possibly wednesday.

Added to this sperm can be kept alive up there for five days so as long as you have sperm up to 4 days before your surge , surge day or day after then sperm and egg can meet so you have about a 6 day window to get it right.
Ive read up on this becuase i have a sperm donor with one visit per cycle and so it has to be in the fertile zone each time or it all goes pear shaped!

Just try to do it every two days around the right time and dont worry to much.

X Daisy

thanks ladies. my cycles are normally 28 days but my past few cycles have been chopped to 21-25 days with a very short lp of barely 10 days. been taking vit b complex which did help with my last cycle by bringing it back to 28 days. it just threw me coz my last cycles i have had +opks for maybe 2 days? nto as long as this. have been told by a few it could indicate pregnancy so took a fr this afternoon and it looked like a bfn, but when stripped the test (ocd with that lol) and held the test strip up to the window i could see a line there but no colour to it so was prob an evap? but the only way i could pick up hcg now is if i ovd straight after af whic h ended about 10 days ago...argh so much for a relaxed month!!!!! :wall2:

Hi Miss pink, it would maybe help you to get yourself a cycle ticker like many of us in our signitures , if you click on mine then change the dates to your own cycle then put the code into your signiture then we can see where you are.

Thing is you can test pregnancy negative up to 4 or 5 days after your period was due. The ovulation tests do have reactivity with hCG but could also be picking up LH especially as some ladies have a faint line all cycle.
So get yourself a ticker and some more pregancy tests and try not to over think it all , good luck
Love Daisy 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back