Newbie needing some help/reassurance

Pickle79

Reaction score
Hi all,

I came off BC at the end of July and since then have been having regular 24 day cycles (apart from last month which was 28 but I had been poorly). I started using OPK's last month and got a smiley face on CD12 and CD13. So that makes my luteal phase either 11 or 12 days depending on when I ovulated.

I have started taking EPO until OV and a pre pregnancy multivitamin.

This is my first time ttc and I suppose I just wanted to know if 1) this short cycle is normal and 2) is my luteal phase long enough?

I don't know if it is a normal feeling but I find myself worrying that we can't conceive, even though I have no grounds for thinking it!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I end up driving myself mad! :roll:

x

11-12 days is within the normal range. Good luck xxx

hey didnt wanna read and run cant really help you im afraid.

if you are worried chat to your doctor.

soz i didnt help hope you get some answers x

Took me a year first time to concieve. That is normal. Worry when you get that far along and not before. Then go and see your gp. Stress is not good for conception! Fingers crossed for you. xxxx

Hi

Welcome to PF!!!

I have 25 days cycles and I have been told by my fertility expert that this is fine. It is getting a regular period that is important. Also i like you ovulate a bit later than normal and again i am told this is fine. The ovulation packs tell me to start POAS on day 8, but i never get my line or happy face until 13/14.

I would not worry hon....just carry on TTC

Love Gizzy xxx

Pickle I know exactly where you are coming from, I have worried for years that when I eventually decided I wanted to have kids I'd turn out to be baron, I think the reason is that I've never had a scare, not even close to having a scare, and I've spent 12 years trying not to get pregnant so thats bad baby karma! Lol

I have no reasons for my believing I cant conceive, its just jumping into the unknown and maybe I'm trying to cushion the blow in case it is right, I haven't even completed a cycle yet, plus I know the stress wont help me, however, as the days go by I'm feeling better.

I'm sure our times will come hun, we just have to accept that it may take longer than we want it to going by the statistics

Hold in there xx

Aw, thanks everyone. I feel a bit better now knowing others feel the same. It's so nice having people to talk about the insecurities to - my friends either already have kids and seem to have forgotten what this part is like or have decided they don't want them. Tbh last cycle was our first proper one ttc so I probably shouldn't be disheartened yet. I am doing all I can - exercising, eating well and day 10 of smoking quit today. I think I maybe need to try and relax a little more!
Xx

Aw, thanks everyone. I feel a bit better now knowing others feel the same. It's so nice having people to talk about the insecurities to - my friends either already have kids and seem to have forgotten what this part is like or have decided they don't want them. Tbh last cycle was our first proper one ttc so I probably shouldn't be disheartened yet. I am doing all I can - exercising, eating well and day 10 of smoking quit today. I think I maybe need to try and relax a little more!
Xx

Hi Pickle, you're the exact same as me - 24 day cycle with 12 day LP. Baby dust to you and fx! xxx

good luck hun. all sounds quite positive to me. like you i came off bcp end of july..but my cycles have been 1st cycle 36 days, 2nd cycle 37 days, and 3rd cycle, well im still on it and its cd 48 so ur doing better than me lol mine have decided to screw up now.

Chin up hun i know its disheartening when bfn comes up but itl happen im sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back