• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi, new to the forum, here's my story!

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

My name is Laura and I’m 24, here is my story.

I found out was pregnant at the beginning of July. It was not planned but my partner and i were very happy. We have been together almost a year but do not live together yet (both live with parents).

I went for an early dating scan at around 6-7 weeks. Then it all went wrong. They couldn't much on the scan and feared my pregnancy was ectopic. All weekend i was in and out of the hospital having my bloods checked for Hgc (or hcg???) levels. They were rising but ever so slowly so on Monday the doc told me it was a failing pregnancy.

They still could rule out ectopic so booked me in for a ERPC and possible laparoscopy (depending what they found) on the Wednesday (26th July).

It turns out it wasn’t ectopic but the pregnancy had failed. And that was all they told me. I should have been 7 weeks but didn’t find out if the baby had stopped growing earlier or anything.

I had about 3 weeks off work. Went back for week and struggled and had another week off. I went to the doctor again last week and got some sleeping tablets as I cannot sleep for thinking about things. Some days I feel I am coping, most days the pain is so bad I feel like a mess. I wish I could feel normal again , but I fear I never will.

Well that’s my story, thank you for listening,

Laura
x

so sorry for ur loss hun.
I had a loss in april it does take time to get over. its been 5 months since my loss an i still get weepy over it, my due date was 2/10 so i feel quite down at the min cos i should have been nearly due!
anyway it does get easier i know it doesnt seem like it now.
:hug:

Hi,

I know how you both feel.
I had a miscarriage on Mothers Day in March, I was 11 weeks, I felt really weepy for about 2 weeks then felt ok. I then became pregnant again in July but lost it at 7 weeks but felt ok afterwards because I had a feeling I would miscarry again so didnt get my hopes up.
I'm now 3 weeks away from my due date of my first miscarriage, and I feel like crap, I feel weepy and jealous of other women pushing prams around.
I DONT think will try again for another 1, we shouldn't have left it too late, I'm 39 hubbys 40 and daughter is 14. I wish we tried earlier!

Aww :hug: to all of you.

I had a missed miscarriage in October/November last year and had to have hospital help to miscarry after 6 weeks of bleeding on and off.
And I had a second in June/July this year, which I miscarried over 2 weeks alone.

The due date for my first was 12th May 2006 and I was tearful, snappy and just so upset. I was angry at other women that should have been me with a big bump or me pushing a buggy.
I still get envious but thankfully the worst of it passed and it does get easier.

I have just found out I'm pregnant again (3rd time) and hoping this one sticks but I have a fear around me all the time.
I'm terrified that one time I'll go to the toilet and there will be blood and my worst fears will come to life.

But its a risk I was willing to take. I so want to be a mummy and have a little baby in my arms and give my DH a gift he would cherish forever.

I'll have 20 miscarriages if it means I get my dream of having a perfect little baby so please don't give up hope girls. Take all the time in the world to grieve but never give up hope.

And Apple-pink, its never too late :hug:

*Hugs*

Charm X

Thanks for all the replies.

So many women go through this awful thing and yet it is hard to find anyone to alk about it. It leaves you feeling very isolated, and friends and family don't understand at all.

All of your stories are sad and i feel for you all, and Charm, your story is very inspirational. You are 100% correct, if you do have to got through this 20 times to have a baby in your arms, that baby will 20 times more special, as it will carry the memory of all your loses and will be loved enough for all of them.

And Applepink, it may seem to late to you and i know how hard it is to go through this once, let alone more than once. But maybe if you stop trying you will also be thiking what if i'd tried that one more time?....

Anyway it is noce to meet all of you and hopefully we will all get through this and come out the other side stronger people.

Laura
xxxxxx

This is soooo true:
lmarszall said:
So many women go through this awful thing and yet it is hard to find anyone to alk about it. It leaves you feeling very isolated, and friends and family don't understand at all.

Thank god for this forum. It's the only thing that has kept me sane since my MC. I would've been due 08/11 so am getting frustrated that I'm not getting ready to give birth. I feel so cheated....

I agree with Charm though. I want to keep trying, because I feel such a need for a baby that I don't think I could tell myself to do anything else. Does that make sense. The most important thing for me is to try and enjoy my life outside of the desire for a family.... Good luck to you all :hug:

Hi

Ive never gone through this but thought ide give you a :hug: .
Katrina

Hi Laura ( and all)
I had a missed mc at around 8weeks about 18 mths ago and i remember feeling so like you do now. My pregnancy was molar ( placental tissue growing out of control) so I then had to keep having tests for a form of uterine cancer-- which was all clear but took 6mths to be given :(
My husband and I felt at that stage that we never wanted to try again because we just needed to be 'us' and get back to normality.
I am now 18wks pregnant and all is going well,I was sure at first that it would be the same again, but so far so good.
You will start to feel better babe, but you won't forget..just don't rush yourself.
Last year on my due date( my 30th birthday :wall: ) i felt so low and sad...this year I had just got passed 16wks and started to show :)
All the very best chick :hug:
jo

Thanks for all the messages.

I'm sorry for all of your losses, it shouldn't have to be this way.

I'm sure there will be light at the end of tunnel, we just have to work harder to get there.

Love lau :hug:
x

Im sorry to hear about you loss hun. We are always here to listen and help you anyway we can :hug:

hi
i know u replyed 2 my post in 1st tri just thought i'd let u know that the same thing has just happened 2 me
i had my op wed (26/9) to remove my missed misscarage.
i'm ok and hopefully the next pregnancy will b the one and i hope yours will b 2 i also agree with charm just got 2 b positive it wasn't ment 2 to b this time! :hug:

Hi Hun,

I thought it would be, not to be negative but sounded exactly like what happened to me. At first i was hopeful my dates were wrong but deep down i knew.

If you want to talk i am here. :hug:

I promise it will get better even if it doesn't seem so. I've had a rought ime but now 2 months later i am getting on with my life and feel ready to try again.

Love
Laura
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare