Hi, moving to TTC from WTT! :)

leibiloo87

Reaction score
Hello,

Im new to all this TTC business iv been over at WTT for a while now but me and hubby decided to go for it! We have 2 DDs who are 3 and 5 allready but they were both very happy suprises. Sooo a little nervous about the whole 'trying' bit iv no idea where to start and have no idea when I ovulate any advice for an absolute beginner please would be much appreciated???

Thanks ladies xxxx

Good luck to everyone TTC xxx

Hi and welcome,

One thing i would suggest is ovulation tests to see when your ovulating and start from there...oh and folic acid :) xxx

hi leibiloo! welcome to ttc section :) textbook wise, we're suppose to ov approx 14 days in to our cycle (you count the first day of your period as cycle day [cd] one) However, this doesn't always seem to be the case. Think we're all learning as we go along. I'm on my 2nd month ttc...about to be third...and have noooooooooo idea what I'm doing.

It's lovely that you have 2 dd's already :) sure you'll have no problems.

xxx

Last edited:
Hello Lei :)

I dunno if your taking supplements already, but like Shauna said you def want to be on the folic acid at the very least.

You need to start noting the date that your period starts every cycle.

That would be cycle day 1.

Ovulation typically occurs about 14 day before cycle day 1 of you next cycle (which you can work out by counting the total number of days in your previous cycles and assuming the cycle you are on will be the same.

Again like Shauna mentioned, ovualtion predictor kits can really help you pin point ovualtion.

It depends on how keen you are to get pregnant asap whether you use them or not :)

Thank you all for the advice I am allready on pregnacare and got hubby on the wellman ones aswel. Think we are going to have 3 months of 'see how it goes' then if im not pregnant we will start using the ovulation tests.

Hope you all get your BFPs soon good luck xxx

Also totally unrelated but how do I get those ticker things that everyone has lol i really want one x

lol yes think i got carried away might delete the last one its a bit long isnt it x

Thank you think im sort of getting the hang of it now iv worked out my cycle length anyway 40 days!!! will that effect when I ovulate? x

Hi,

I have a longer cycle like you, 38 days. I ovulate 14 days before the end of my cycle.

Ovulation usually occurs 14 days before the end of any cycle whether it is a 28 day cycle or a 40 day cycle.

I would recommend using OPKs from day 6 or the end of your period for your first cycle just to be sure.

Good luck xx

Thank you im going to go get some OPKs today then I will know for future cycles. xx

Hi,

Well you would think id like a boy wouldnt you but im really not bothered id love to have 3 girls or 2 girls and a boy my husband would like another girl tho he adores his princesses but we would be very happy with whatever comes along. Just cant wait to have ababy around the house again. My mum thinks im going to end up with about 10 kids as everytime the little one starts school ill want another baby...we'll see!

my husband would like another girl tho he adores his princesses

I saw a programme on C4 and a family with 4 girls and a family with 4 boys exchanged families for a weekend.

Your hubby must enjoy being the man of the house ;)

Oh yes I saw that too, think he does love been the man of the house but I think if he had a boy he would love it hes a rubgy player so would be nice for him to pass his hobby on to a son as my girls do ballet like I did when I was a child. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back