• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi i hope you don't mind a possible newbie??

Lynzlogan87

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm lynsey.

i got a + on a hpt last monday. est 5 wks pg.

yesterday 10am i woke up with AF style cramping, went to the loo and wiped away bright red fresh blood (sorry tmi).

i put a pad on to monitor it, but i got heavier and more painful so i went to a & e.

Booked in and had to give urine sample to the a&e triage.....whilst collecting the sample i passed a dark red/purple jelly lump around the size of a 1 pence peice.

i mentioned this to the triage nurse who just dipped a pg test into the sample and then discarded the whole thing .

Was then sent up to EPAU where i had a transvaginal u/s.

U/S showed nothing other than a 9.5mm lining (not sure what that indicates..if you know please shed some light for me??)

The Doctor said i have 4 posibilities...

1. the jelly lump i passed was the pregnancy
2. its ectopic
3 it may just be "normal" and pg is too early to decect
4. may be carrying twins, and passed one.

They have done one set of bloods and i am due the next set in the morning to monitor hcg levels.

The Doctor gave me option 4 as i mentioned my 3yr old son to her.

Basically went for my 12wk scan with my DS (now 3) and found out i was only 10 weeks pg, one heartbeat/pregnancy shown.
However the morning after the scan with my DS i began severe cramping, & heavy bleeding with large clots.
Had an emergency scan and baby still had HB.
The bleed w/clots continued for 4 weeks, but my DS remained with a HB and was born full term.

They can't prove it but say that the bleeding and clotting with DS could have been a twin pg which ended before the 1st scan where only DS HB was detected. (no HCG's were ever taken)

Does the twin thing sound possible to you??

I can't seem to get my head around it?
Although while carrying DS at 8/9 months people thought i was carrying twins as i was huge but DS was only born weighing 5lb 10oz.

Sorry i've rambled, just need to get this off my chest with people who have/may have experienced similar.

Thanks for reading xxxx

(p.s) i've tried to remove my ticker but not sure how) sorry

Hi Hun, I'm sorry, I have no experience of this but just wanted to send you some hugs and good wishes that everything will be ok for you.
xxxxx

Hey hun it is possible that you have lost a twin. I have with this pregnancy. i passed a clot when i was just under 6 weeks pregnant had a scan and they detected HB we were so relieved and then we had to see the doctor afterwards who told us that i had 2 cysts on my ovaries. she did warn me not to panic and said that when the ovary releases the egg it leaves a small cyst which dissapears. but as i had 2 it did symbolise that it was a multiple pregnancy although aside from that there was no proof. I really hope everything goes ok with your bloods today xxx

my friend had this happen to her too and they said it was a twin pregnancy

i however bled loads 3 times during my last pregnancy it gushed out but i dont remember there ever being a clot but it turned out i had a sac that kept fillinf with blood and bursting my body eventually absorbed the sac and no reason was ever given to why it happened hope all goes ok for you xx

Lynz, I am really hoping for you that it is all ok, such a worrying time for youX

:hug:

You can remove your ticker in user CP, top left corner of menu on a main pf page , and then edit signature and then delete the bb code and click save

Last edited:
Hi Lynz,
I don't have any personal expereince of a twin pregnancy but have had a mc earlier this year. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you lots xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back