"he's tiny, he must have been a preemie..."

Minxy said:
pocket rocket

lol awesome phrase :D

ryan's small too, he;s only just moving into 9-12 but I get it the other way round, because he's so good at walking everyone thinks he's older, and he ends up gettin crushed by the big kids :doh: just cos he can walk dont mean hes a 'big kid' :(

My Avie is 13 months and still is in 6-9 months, I get the ''aint she tiny'' remarks all the time, at 1st it got to me now i dont care, she is walking but still only has two teethypegs, all babies are differant, it would be a pretty boring world if they were all the same :hug: :hug:

I know it's hard not to worry when you've got a little 'un but truly, don't let what she said get to you. If you think Alex isn't growing the way he should, get him checked out, but otherwise....
James is ten months today (happy ten months James!) and I accidentally stuck him in a 3-6 months top yesterday, and it fitted! He's wee, he's full of energy and like Alex he was 7lbs 10 at birth. I am kind of aware that he eats less than other babies, but I can't forcefeed him (and neither would I want to!). And as for the walking, we're not there yet but babies take their time - and if he's got big sis to get him stuff there's no real need to walk!

aww hun i'm sure you have nothing to worry about, as long as he is not way off the centile chart. Luke has always been small now on the 9th - 25th centile and he is 20 months i started putting him in 12-18 months clothes only in the last month or so. he is tiny compared to his friends but its nothing to worry about, its a great advantage in fact as the make good wear out of there clothes and shoes and they stay our lil babies for that little bit longer. :cheer:

Don't let a busy body upset you. luke also didn't walk confidently til he was over 15 months old and never even crawled or bum shuffled he just sat there he couldn't even pull himself up til well after he walked, now he is running around everywhere like alex will in his own time :hug:

ignore ignorant people, both my babies are small between the 2nd centile and 9th. they have been checked out and they are just small. my hubby is not tall for a bloke and slim so they are just taking after him. both of mine walked at 1 yr but i know others who didnt walk until much later. i get loads of comments about grace as she looks far to small to be walking. everyone stops me saying they look like little dolls!!!!!!m

People are so willinging to say what they think to see if they're right they forget they could be hurting feelings and generally speaking their mind where its just not wanted or called for :hug: That woman sounds very insensitive, and I am sorry it upset you :hug: I don't know what to suggest about Alex's size or otherwise but if you are worried then just speak to who you have to to feel better about that feeling :hug: I know when you see a class of kids at aged 4 they're all different heights and weights and so there'll be an Alex and there'll be another boy who's taller and heavier, but both on their own course, is he happy and active Xena? If so, then surely he's just fine and fitting into his own skin as it were :hug: Snding very best wishes, he will do every milestone at his pace, you are right, there's no exact age anything should be acheived by :hug:

like others have said i had the reverse with charlotte.. shes 6 in 2 weeks and shes in 8-9 size clothes.. everyone always says gosh shes a big girl for her age.. they have since she was 1..as soon as she was weaned she ate for wales.. and i find ted really abnormal compared to her.. he prefurs milk to food. and he has got to the stage now that he eats about 1 7 month jars worth a day..usually 3 spoons of readybreak or weetabix, half a jar for lunch the rest for tea.. he wont eat anything himself these days.. he just had a lick and throws it.. but he has 3-4 bottles a day..hes ok weight wise.. so im happy to just let him carry on untill he changes it himself. i think im gonna try lowering his milk so he starts to get hungry again..

boys are usually slower than girls.. there are a few exceptions.. but usually they are. every single baby is different and i think if your baby walks before a year old they are advanced for their age.. most babys will walk before 18 months..i wouldnt worry untill you get closer to that age. if you are concerned why dont you have a chat with your health visitor? im sure they would have raised any concerns with you by now though if they were worried xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back