Does being a Bum Shuffler delay walking?

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Devon is slightly behind on his stages , but I was not worried. I have floppy babies with my older 3 kids - they all learned to sit unaided late at 8 mths , then crawl at 10 mths, walking at 12, 13 and 16 mths.

Devon could sit unaided at 10 mths , started bum shuffling about 3 weeks ago at 11 mths , and has only crawled a few times since then for a few moves and then sits down and shuffles, he leaves one leg in front like he is still sitting when he moves!

A lady at todlers saw him today, (first time since he started shuffling), and said did I know that bum shufflers tend to walk very late, 18mths onwards.!! Oh I said..

Ive just looked it up, and there seems to be something in it, as loads had late walkers.

Did anyone have a bum shuffler, and when did they walk?

Many thanks, :lol:

Last edited:
Tegan isn't a bum shuffler but mum said i was! apparently i never crawled started bum shuffling at 11 months & walked at 15 months xx

I was a bum shuffler. I'm not sure when I walked but I know it wasn't later than the norm iykwim xx

My daughter was a bum shuffler. Didn't walk until the day she was 18 months. Never even cruised. Just seemed to decide that was the day to start walking! It's common to walk later as they don't get as frustrated as crawlers- they are upright so can see properly where they are going and can carry stuff around with them.

My other half was a bum shuffler and he was walking before 1 or at least that is what his mum told me.

My friends LO was and she just made sure that she was walking all over the house helping the LO walk around holding its little hands.he walked before 1 year old.

Hey my cousin had a bum shuffler and she walked at 12 months.
My Lo STILL doesn't move, but I'm not complaining. He is quite behind on that side of things as-well , but as he doesn't move we get to have lots of cuddles lol xxxx

Last edited:
I've childminded 2 bum shufflers, the little girl walked at 12 months and the little boy walked at 15 months. I was a crawler and didn't walk until I was 17 months so I reckon it just varies. I also didn't know that 8 months was considered late for sitting up?! Most of the kiddies i've cared for sit between 7 & 9 months. Jack's 6.5 months now and can sit in his play ring but if I left him without it he'd be over in seconds!

I wouldn't worry hun, he'll walk when he's ready but if you are talk to you Doc or HV x

My brother was a bum shuffler and he walked really late, my mam was worried she'd have to push him to nursery in his buggy! Got there eventually though!

Thanks Ladies, real mix on here, so maybee not related to the shuffling then thank you lots X

er my mil told me that my oh was a bum shuffler that walked at 8 months. yikes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back