Is he a Porker???

Foxxi

Reaction score
Fynn was 7lb 3oz when born..I took him to get weighed on Tuesday and he's now 18lb 8oz.

I thought he was alright, he doesnt look fat, However he does look like he's gonna be a big bruiser (his dads fat, dunno if that makes any difference). :shakehead:

I didnt think anything of it til this-

leckershell said:
Jesus, 18lb at 4 months... Ryan was 15lb 14.5oz 2 weeks ago... :shock:

Im a bit worried now. :?

For the first few months ..he was a very hungry fella.... he's slowed right down now tho. He's formula fed..and Im just in the process of weaning him over the past week.

So my question is....Do I have a Porker? Be Honest! :|

Jake was 18lb 9 at 4 and a half months and he isnt fat. He was born a bit heavier than Fynn though. Dont worry, like you have said, he has slowed down now so he might begin to put it on more slowly now :hug:

First of all big :hug: . I would'nt worry hun, I went through a stage of worrying about jess's weight when she was putting on over 1lb in weight over just 2 weeks. But now it has slowed down and now puts on roughly 1lb every 5 weeks. All babies grow at different rates and as you said he is slowing down now so he probably will start gaining a bit more slowly now. :hug:

:hug:

He'll be fine. All babies grow at different rates and end up near enough the same by the time they toddle.

Thanx Girls... i feel a bit better now! :hug:

ryan has always been tubby, 10lb 7.5oz at birth, now over 18lb :) i love his chubbyness! :hug:

Mason was above the 99th centile when he was a baby, 100% breastfed, its just the way he was.
I liked it cos if/when he got ill, he had weight to lose, rather that than be so skinny and you can't bear to see them lose and oz.
he didn't even look big I don't think, not fat anyway, I wouldn't worry :)

I wasnt worried to begin with..cos to me he isnt fat at all... but then everyone keeps saying how big he is to me.. and when I took him to get weighed the other day the HV was asking all sorts of questions like 'is his dad tall?' and 'whats his dads weight like?'.. and if Im honest, his dads a porker too! I just didnt want him to get that way.

I dont understand that centile chart...whats that all about? Iv seen it in my red book, but have no idea what its about.

Hi

He sounds great!! Kadyn was almost 18 pounds at 4 and 5 months then he started to lose weight i last weighed him 3 weeks ago and he was 16 pounds !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back