Help :/

lealea85

Reaction score
My left foot has swollen to the point its tingling. My right foot Is fine.
I thought it was cos I sat on the edge of the bed n dangled my feet but I'd have expected both feet to swell.

I was sittin on the edge of the bed around 2pm..... My foot is still swollen.
Anyone else had this? Any ideas on how to reduce the swelling.
I look like a hobbit!!!

Swelling is not good Hun.... Could be dvt or pre-eclapsia ( or nothing at all of course).Give yoir unit a call for advice i say, as it's odd that one of them is swollen. You should elevate your leg o try and reduce swelling in legs.

Is the leg hot to touch? Cos you have been on bed rest your at higher risk of dvt, especially if you haven't been wearing the special sock things.x

Last edited:
It is a bit odd that just one of them has swollen so yeah, maybe get it checked. Generally, to reduce swelling though, you elevate it and ice it so you could try that in the meantime x

If it were me I'd ring straight away, to rule out pre eclampsia. X

My feet are stone cold. The swelling is actually up past my ankle.
Do I call the labour ward? I don't wanna tie up the line incase it's nothing :(

Swelling is not good Hun.... Could be dvt or pre-eclapsia ( or nothing at all of course).Give yoir unit a call for advice i say, as it's odd that one of them is swollen. You should elevate your leg o try and reduce swelling in legs.

Is the leg hot to touch? Cos you have been on bed rest your at higher risk of dvt, especially if you haven't been wearing the special sock things.x

Definately agree with all of this hun, could very well be DVT seen as though you have been on bed rest. Definately get it checked out asap and let us know how you get on xxx

Are you having any other symptoms hun, like pain, tenderness, any redness?xxx

My leg n foot just tingle.
The MW said she gonna get someone to call me bk. So just waiting

oh no, doesn't sound good sweet. I was going to suggest a cool bath, but if your leg is stone cold, maybe this isn't the best thing to do. It is odd it is one leg though. With it being cold it sounds like you have lost circulation from sitting funny, but it wouldn't swell.

Hopefully whoever calls you back will be able to check you over or give some advise on what to do.

Thinking of you sweetie :hugs:

was going to suggest nhs direct as doctors closed at the mo or ring midwife, but i see you are waiting for a call back, like others say elevate it. hope its nothing and everything goes back to normal

The MW I spoke to said it's prob just normal swelling in pregnancy, esp as I have no other symptoms.

My foot is still swollen :/

Also had an experience of faulse labour (getting it all tonight), but if the pain I got was false labour I gotta be tough cookie for the real deal. Not tryna scare anyone. Just tryna keep it real xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back