Swollen left foot/ankle

zooma

Reaction score
For the last week or so I have had some swelling. I wasn't very worried because I thought it's just one of those pregnancy things. I noticed my engagement ring had become tighter than normal and when I went to take it of. It took agaes to get it off so I have left it off now for the last few days. It's most noticable on my foot not my right foot at all but just my left foot and like I said I was t worried but I just googled swollen feet in pregnancy and I read that swelling is normal (as I had thought) but that if the swelling is more promenant in one foot than another that I should consult a doctor asap. I know googling things is never a good idea but does anybody know what this could mean?

Pre-eclampsia is the main concern there. You would also have high blood pressure and protein in your urine. Other symptoms are headaches and vision disturbances. It may be best to call your midwife to get checked and to put your mind at rest. Swelling is normal in pregnancy, so I wouldn't worry too much. But a urine dip test and having your blood pressure checked only takes 5 mins and will save you a heap of stress if all is ok and if there is a problem - its better detected sooner rather than later.

Xx

Thanks for this. I did know that swelling could be a sign of pre-eclampsia but I am feelng really well otherwise so wasn't worried. My bp has always been spot on at check ups but I will check it when I get home this evening (My OH is a paramedic so he will have his kit home with him) if it's anyway raised I will ring midwife. Also the swelling is just alittle but I was more puzzled by the google advice of it being something to consult a doctor about if it was more prominent on one side. It's not something I'd heard of before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back