Help with my girls name

I think I like Greta better. Im scottish and bonnie is used "bonnie wee lass". Also I think of bonnie tyler. Lol. Something cute about greta! I have a great hreat aunty with that name. Its defo not a common one. Xx

tapatalking

Well for what it's worth, when someone says Greta I think of Greta Garbo and don't think that's a bad thing is it? At the end of the day go with what you're happy with. Looks like you've already made your mind up really haven't you.
As long as you and your family are happy, go for it! ;) xxx

Thanks ladies, dotty no i havent made my mind up ! Ha ha Im trying but im still hankering after greta, bonnie seems more girly that i normally do, im such a tomboy! Bonnie is lovely, maybee i should find out the gender and then if girl i could picture it happening a bit more or not to help me, maybee ive shut off the idea if a girl actually happening, im not used to girls!

maybee it will be a boy and i wont have this issue! But i always like to have the name sorted out so they know what they would have been called if the opposite gender.
I just dont like to leave things hanging.

Dotty i picture greta garbo too! Not a great aunt greta and greta is def more unusual which im more comfortable, but eeeek the honest poll now says greta 3 and bonnie 15!!

Last edited:
Greta Garbo or Bonnie Langford? Nuff said but I understand if you are getting resistance from close family. What us your OHs favourite? xxx

I'm Scottish too and there's a few Bonnie's about... Plus all the old dears call little girls 'Bonnie Wee Lassies' but I like it :) I don't like Greta I'm afraid. Makes me think German/old lady/ spinster/ hansel and gretal... Sorry!!!

Unusual names for girls I like are...
Piper
Murren/Miren
Missy
Claudia
Lottie
Amelia
Lucille
Dael

I really like Penny too! Super cute.

Well I am glad it's made it back onto your ticker for now! xxx

Not keen on Greta but Bonnie is lovely - such a happy sounding name. I only know of one other Bonnie and that is a girl in my ds's class at school so not too popular around my area xx

i love bonnie..but whenever i say it i break into the song "my bonnie lays off the ocean" lol xx

Your having a boy so I wouldn't worry about it ;-)

But if I had to choose I would go for bonnie, greta reminds me of pigtails and lederhosen's ... sorry!!

Personally I prefer Greta. Maybe you could put it with a really girly floral name like Rose to soften it a bit. x

Personally I prefer Greta. Maybe you could put it with a really girly floral name like Rose to soften it a bit. x

Ha thats funny as other than using bonnie as a middle name i could only think of one name to use marie ( your name!) ha

Someone said greta reminded them of hansel and gretal, well thats ok as i loved that story and i do see it as a cute blonde curly haired mountain girl like heidi

Thankyou so much for all your opinions, theyve been really useful

Ha thats funny as other than using bonnie as a middle name i could only think of one name to use marie ( your name!) ha

Someone said greta reminded them of hansel and gretal, well thats ok as i loved that story and i do see it as a cute blonde curly haired mountain girl like heidi

Guess I wont get to use my girl name now . I so loved Bonnie, maybe I'll ave to have a number 5 lol

Guess I wont get to use my girl name now . I so loved Bonnie, maybe I'll ave to have a number 5 lol

Oh good plan mum2bubs, im liking your thinking there x

Our family holiday is butlins in 4 weeks time and the girl mascot is called bonnie bear, this will help me make up my mind ! Ha ha

Last edited:
Our family dog is called Bonnie so that sullys it for me. Greta is beautiful though and was my top choice had my baby been a girl

Our family dog is called Bonnie so that sullys it for me. Greta is beautiful though and was my top choice had my baby been a girl

Oh really ? Wow ive not heard many people use it of like it. Im still trying bonnie but my heads not entertaining it much at mo!! But my love for greta is not going anywhere!

I chose Marina Penny for my sons ( would be girls name) althougth i found out at 20 weeks so cant be sure i would have used that but im not so keen now, i hope thats not the case with me and Greta !!

My grannies name if Greta so I might be biased but I think it's a lovely name. I think it makes a nice change from all the common names today. She pronounces it greeta tho rather than gretta. My hubby's great nan (she's 102!!!!) is called Ivy, and I'm pining for that name if we have a girl but he doesn't like it :( I think it would be a nice tribute!

I like Bonnie but not so sure on Greta - it is a harsh sounding name but that doesn't bother me so much.

I've never met a Greta, what about Bronte? I heard it the other day, not a name I would pick but it came to mind reading your thread JJ x

Well im at butlins now where there using the name bonnie for a mascot bear and its only putting me off using it more !! Ha

Laurac - bronte was on my long list !! Ha you just know me now!
Same as bonnie, id prefer a non b starting name as my daughters is a briony, maybee thats whats putting me off!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back