Help with my girls name

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hello ladies im having a ummy arrry now on names. Were i have asked a couple of close mates, theyve either hated or clearly are being polite about my name choice of Greta.

My 11 yr old daughter keeps telling me she hates it and its a granny name!!

Which would you totally honestly choose from my top two?

Greta or Bonnie

My other daughter is Briony , i like them to be unusual so not overused at school in any way, do you know any Greta's or Bonnie's as kids? I see bonnie as a bit too popular.

Thankyou

I don't know any children called Bonnie, Greta, or Briony. Personally I am not keen on Greta, it's too harsh sounding for me.

I'm not keen on Greta either, it's the sort of name I would grow up hating if I'm honest. Bonnie is lovely tho x

I dont hate Greta, but I see what Briony is saying lol I dont know any of either and I do like Bonnie x
You can always use Pippa if you get really stuck..... ;) xx

Yeah, sorry I'm with briony. Although old names are very much back in fashion it makes me envisage a mean old lady as opposed to some of the cuddley ones like Millie/dolly/ Evie etc. x

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My Mum is called Bonnie, well Bonita but nobody uses that lol and my SIL is called Bonnie-Jade.

If i'm honest i'm not a fan of either name (sorry Mum lol) and i'm with Briony on Greta too so of the 2 i'd pick Bonnie x

I prefer Bonnie too - I only know one Bonnie (a friend of mine) and he brother is called Beau (prononed Bo which Ive never heard before)

BUT dont listen to anyone else (not ladies on here but friends etc) as I find everyone has an opinion on names and people always dont like something!! Its your choice and if your happy thats all that matters!! Im debating not telling people as sick of the err I dont like that!! x

I much prefer Bonnie, I have got a great auntie Greta and Iv always thought it was a bit of a strange name, sorry! X

Thanks ladies , i wanted you to be really honest , and you were, thankyou, i cant give a potential daughter a harsh name , im going to remove it from my ticker and trial bonnie and see how it fits

The only thing I'd say is Bonnie and Briony seem to be really close in name when you see them written down. It's not that I don't like it but it is quite similar to your other daughter's name. Lewis had a boy in his class that had an older sister called Greta at primary school. She'll be about 18 now. Personally I prefer Greta, but that's just me. xxx

Hi JJ,

I agree with all the others. I find Greta a bit harsh too.
Bonnie is a sweet name x

You know what I think, as Bonnie s my girl name too :))))

I thought you loved Greta. ?

yeah Greta sounds a bit like an old German woman!

Bonnie is ok, quite popular in Scotland but always reminds me of Bonnie Langford! haha. x

You know what I think, as Bonnie s my girl name too :))))

I thought you loved Greta. ?

I do mumto2bubs, thats the problem... But shes going to face this issue, i dont know.

All in my house seem happier, briony doesnt mind it being close to her name at all, she just wants a sister ha

Time will tell, but im not totally there yet!
My original name choice before preg was Penny, my mate wanted a girl so badley ( now has 4 boys and a girl, last boy in march was to be called penelope then shortened to penny) id feel bad, i think she needs me to have a boy if you know what i mean, i did tell her at the time about my loving penny, it was hoing to be devons middle name if a girl, but she said she didnt remember that! So bit awkward.

I need unusual but not out there girls names pls

Saoirse
Orla
Ursula
Saige
Aspen
Celeste
Echo
Hermione
Maeve
Keziah
Petra