HELP! i just lost my temper with my cat :o(

Christina1979

Reaction score
... with my cat :shock: :oops:

i accidentally had left the baby's room door open -something I am usually Soooooo careful about....

i heard her upstairs and she had jumped up on the cot and into the made up moses basket!!!!!!! :x

I screamed like i have never screamed before!!! I am so furious at her, myself and how this is all making me feel...

I love my little cat but i want her to stay out of my babys things.... she treads mud and god knows what around the house and it drives me mad!!! The more i think about it teh more it winds me up!

If im like this now, how will i be when the little one arrives????

Im so worried i will just resent the cat even more, even though i love her.... its so weird and i dont want to make her life a misery either :cry:

How can i manage this better? Any advice? does anyone else feel like this?

she has now been shut outside so i can calm down and now begin to obsessively clean the babys room :roll: :(

Mine does exactly the same, we have to keep all of the doors shut!
Last night, she looked me in the eye, then blatantly peed over my CDs!!! I think she is very jealous of baby..i'm sure they know! :hug:

I felt the same way honey, and in the end gave both of mine to good homes. I just couldnt settle I always had one eye on the cats :hug: :hug:

i have 3 cats, and they all pee'd me off when i was pregnant last time. I was so worried about having them and a baby.....but they were fine! I still have all 3 of them, and they've been really good.

We've been leaving the baby's room door open for a while,(to get them used to it) and if the little sods get into the cot they get me making a scary noise at them (like another cat spitting, lol, i look like a pillock :rotfl: ) and they quickly leave. They seem to have learnt their lesson cos they never try and sleep in there now, theyre just very interested.

Your cats probably doing your head in cos you dont know how shes gonna be when the baby comes. Ive been lucky with my 3, but my friends cats were a nightmare and she had to give them away :(

Once everything settles down with the baby and your kitty starts behaving herself, im sure everything will be fine :D

Its not really her fault, but I can understand you being cross. Thing is she isn't going to understand what she has done wrong. Cats are not so trainable as dogs and if they are used to having had the run of the house before a baby, its often hard to change their habits. I'd encourage her to not venture upstairs at all anymore with some deterant or other.

I'd get some form of cat repellant in the room/hall, to discourage her going in there should the door be left open again.

I don't think you need to overly clean the babys room either. Maybe the basket and the linen she came into contact with but for the rest, try to learn to relax a little. No environment is ever spotless no matter how much you clean.

Before you know it your LO will be eating mud pies and picking things up off your kitchen floor to taste :roll: :lol: Kids will come into contact with germs no matter what we do. And its good they build up natural defences against things.

We do our best and keep things clean but at the end of the day, its never going to be perfect.

I know how you feel :hug: :hug: :hug:

I got my cat when James was 1 and past the sterile stage. Before getting pg I wasn't too bothered about him jumping on the kitchen work surfaces or getting cat hair everywhere.

Since becoming pg I've been neurotic about it! I can't bear the thought of him being anywhere near the babys stuff. The thought of it makes my skin crawl. I've been shutting him out of the bedrooms for the past few months so he gets used to having to stay downstairs.

I hate the thought of having the steriliser and babys bottles on the work surface and the cat walking all over them. I'll guess I'll have to keep them in the cupboard. I had Obsessive compulsive disorder as a teenager and think that pregnancy is bringing it out again a bit where the cat is concerned.

He's been trying my patience recently by being sick on the kitchen work surface, and this weekend peeing all over my armchairs (which admittedly wasn't his fault, the guy who was coming in to feed him accidently shut him in the living room).

I'm hoping I go back to normal once the babys born cos normally I love my cat but since being pg I can't bear to have him around me. I've even thought about giving him away :( (which I wouldn't do cos I'm sure it's my hormones that are to blame)

thanks everyone :hug:

my husband and I are going to look at possible solutions tonight to make things better....

i have given her a cuddle and some of the sardines i had for lunch... so we are friends again now

so exhausted now and surprised at how protective i feel already towards my little one....

I have 2 cats one of them is not at all interested in anything other than sleeping on the sofa but the other is the devil incarnate.....

she has no fear, loves to explore and spent a few weeks being constantly kicked out of the cot! You cant train a cat but they do eventually learn that they cant go in certain places, although they may test you and go there anyway . We keep the nursery door closed and invested in a cat net for the moses basket, although tbjh they have never tried to get in it just use it as a scratching post... that was followed by a putting outside.

We found that the novelty wore off after a week or so and they hate the crying so tend to stay as far away as possible from Holly. We make sure we give them plenty of cuddles when Holly is in bed so they dont feel neglected too. So far its working out ok but we do keep an eye on them and never leave them alone in the room as Holly[/list]

i get angry with the cats for no reason sometimes i feel guilty after but they dnt mind they still run to me :D

ive locked all my baby bits in my wardrobe n the rest is locked away at my sis house so they cant get 2 it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back