My cat drowned last night :(

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear this :cry:
She was so beautiful! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm thinking of you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Im so sorry, its awful loosing a member of the family whos much loved. :hug:

debecca said:
The vets were fantastic. I didn't want to see the body so Jim wrapped her in her favourite blanket and put her in a cardboard box so I didn't have to see her.

We took her straight to the vets and she's going to be cremated in Rossendale (where Jim's family are all from!) and we should have her ashes back within 2 weeks so we can scatter them in the grounds.

I can't stop crying. I've had her since she was a little kitten way back in 1996. She had the nicest temperament of any of our cats; no malice whatsoever and she even purred while at the vets last year being operated on.

I am so so upset :cry:

Poor you, pregnancy is such an emotional time and losing a much loved pet is so hard. We lost our beloved 14 yr old dog Barney last year, my whole family were devastated and reading your post has bought it all back. I had a gorgeous portrait painted of him and it sits above the couch in my parents house and we love it. I really recommend the artist and having the memory of him in a beautiful portrait really cheered us all up.

www.petpainter.co.uk

My heart goes out to you :hug:

Im so sorry :cry: :hug: Its awful when they go. 1 of our cats died just before xmas and it was heartbreaking. :hug: :hug: :hug:

so sorry :hug: :cry: :cry: your cat was beautiful , what a tragic accident. I'd be devastated in anything happened to my cat

I'm so sorry to read this, you poor thing. Our cat (looks just like yours but black and fluffy) got run over last year, we were absolutely devastated and the only thing that could fix it was getting two kittens.

We got a huge picture printed of him, as the DH is quite a photographer, and have hung that up. It helped once we were ready for it.

:cry:

That is so sad. I am so sorry, it really really upsets me when things like this happen to animals, she looked beautiful too. :cry:

So sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:cry: :cry: This post made me cry, your cat was so cute :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear this, she was a beauty of a cat.

Take care and remember its ok to grieve, anyone who has pets will undertsand how you feel :hug:

oh hunni Im so sorry :cry: :cry: :cry:

how awful, poor little baby. She was such a beautiful pusscat :(

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good morning everyone :wave:

I'm so sorry for posting such a depressing message yesterday but I wanted to say that everyone's replies have really touched me and made me feel so much better so a big THANK YOU for those. I am still crying most of the time and finding it very difficult to eat, which isn't good as I'm on specific instructions to eat like a biff at the moment from my midwife.

Connie is fine thankfully and seems pretty much unaffected by the while episode. Our other cat who used to sleep with Patch is struggling a bit though - they're not allowed upstairs but last night she so persistently scratched and headbutted the living room door that she got it open - and started miaowing outside our room at 6am. I'm hoping this won't be a regular episode!

Anyway this was supposed to be a quick message (!) but I really do appreciate everything that's been said - and all the suggestions you've made which I may look at when I'm feeling a bit less raw. It's nice to know I'm not the only one so ridiculously attached to my animals :hug:

Thanks again,

A very sad debecca :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back