The cat is being a weirdo!

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
I know she knows something is different because she's been acting weird since I first found out I was pregnant. She sits on the arm of the sofa waiting for me to sit down so she can sit on my knee. She's never been an affectionate cat and to be honest I don't even think she liked me that much but she's been getting more and more affectionate and today shes been sitting there on the arm of the sofa and she just stares at me and when I sat down she kept sniffing my stomach and then meowing! She keeps looking at me with these really cute blinkey eyes and meowing. I know she can sense something but the more the pregnancy progresses the more she seems to be getting attached to me. Does anyones elses cat do this?

yes mine did this, she doesnt really do it now. as your hormones are changing so does your smell and thats what its picking up on

awwww bless- thats sweet. My cats dont seem to care except my boy cat (charlie) keeps trying to sleep in the bouncer and moses basket :wall:

one of my friends dogs is usually all over me when I go round and she sits on my knee etc... but since I have been pregnant she won't jump up at me, so guess they must know somehow!

Hi

aww pets are so smart they know things.
My doga ndmy dads dog acted wierd sincei got pregnant and now that ivehad him went to my dads saturday and she was pacing back and forth and kept sniffing my scar was so wierd
Katrina

Believe it or not your cats and dogs can tell your pregnant, they can smell it! But they all react in different ways

My cats I sure know I'm pregnant . when I'm putting my feet up on the sofa one of them comes and lays on my lap and then puts its head on my bump and then it moves it's head and ears where it can hear noises in my tummy.
This is a video of my Tabitha.

Sorry it's not good quality.

My male cat never used to sit on my lap but when I was first pregnant he tried to get on me every night when I was watching TV. Now I'm further along there's no lap for him to sit on - just a bump! So he doesn't bother.

He does however have a big interest in the baby things... like the cot... pram.. bouncer.. even the car seat. He's been found sleeping in all of them at one time or another! His sister isn't really interested although she has a sniff around the nursery every now and again.

Here he is in the pram....

DSC01612.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back