Help! Baby Clothes

rachcraig

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I started to pack my hospital bags yesterday but i'm totally confused about what clothes I'll need for the baby. So far I've bought 2 packs of 7 sleeveless bodysuits, a pack of 5 sleepsuits, socks, vests and t-shirt and leggings sets in new born and 0-3 sizes.

I have no idea what the baby will wear in hospital though, will the body suits do or will she need to wear actual outfits?Is there anything else she will need aswell? I'm so clueless! Thanks xx

I probably wouldnt bother with the 0-3 month stuff. I took one 0-3 sleepsuit in and I dont think she wore it until she was about 2 months old.

Sleepsuits will do fine for the hospital as theyre easy to get them in and out of and nice and comfy for them. Also nice and easy to change their nappy :) 5 should be plenty. I was in for 3 days after a section and 5 was more than enough. Are you taking a hat for her? Do you have any tiny baby stuff? It might be worth buying a tiny baby sleepsuit (just grab a cheap one from asda or something) incase theyre smaller than you think. I had to get my mum to go out and buy vests and sleepsuits in tiny baby as the newborn stuff drowned her!

Thanks for that, I really didn't have a clue! Yeah I've got a wee hat for her but that's a good idea re tiny baby clothes, hadn't thought of that. So when do they wear the bodysuits? Sorry for the stupid questions! xx

I've packed 6 vests (3x up to 8lbs and 3x 10lbs) and 6 babygrows (3 in each size) and and outfit for photos.

I've packed 6 vests (3x up to 8lbs and 3x 10lbs) and 6 babygrows (3 in each size) and and outfit for photos.

Thanks Bluebell, I know I'm going to sound like a complete thicko but what will they wear with a vest- just a nappy or do do they wear the vest over a babygrow? xx

Nappy, then vest, then either babygrow or outfit :)

Thanks! My poor baby would of been looking ridiculous with her vest over her babygrow lol xx

You could have started a new fashion! Don't worry I had a similar conversation in a baby clothes shop, I felt like a right thicko but the shop assistant was so lovely it wasn't too bad!

I would forget the 'normal' clothes and bring only sleepsuits & vests. The baby will have a clamp on her belly so its unfair to put clothes on her that may annoy it!

Yeah the normal clothes look far to big for a new born baby anyway and not as comfortable and the baby grows. Thanks everyone! xx

I took loads but only used 1 sleepsuit , 1 vest and the going home outfit and I had Noa in October so a hat was a must.
I was only in there 17 hours after he was born tho.
Noa was 7ibs3oz but was in Tiny size for a month atleast xx

I'm glad you ladies have written this as I was thinking exactly the same!!
I have a mixture of sizes of bits so think I'll take 3 vests and 3 sleepsuits in a mix of newborn and 0-3 (some of my bits are so varying in sizes anyway) that will probably do as I suppose OH can bring more if needed. It depends on how long you're in doesn't it.
I'm clueless too!!!
xx

Do we need to take bibs or muslin squares for wiping up messes?

I would recommend muslin squares , even just to lie baby on when theyre on the bed. My LO was sick a few hours after she was born (it was a mixture of blood and fluid and apparently its normal so dont be freaked out if your baby does this! I did lol) so the muslin was handy for that. Youll only want to take either 1 or 2 in though. Hopefully youll all be in and out the hospital pretty quick :)

i packed my clothes for baby a few weeks ago and can't remember what i put in now :s so going to have to have a look! have been give LOADS of really nice things since i packed as-well so might change a few items! i know ive got hats, vests and sleep-suits, just cant remember what sizes ect!

hey :),
I would take baby grows and vests. I personally don't think its necessary to dress a tiny new born baby up in all different types of outfits. I used both bibs and muslins in hospital xxxx

Thanks everyone, got some wee vests today and another wee hat. Feeling a bit more organised now! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back