Baby vests dumb question HELP

daftscotslass :) Great pic

And yup, vest also. I guess the sleeve part is confusing for many. I tend to think of the short sleeved and no sleeved ones as one and the same these days. A vest to me is vest sans poppers and ending round the tummy/waist.

I just lump the short sleeved and baby vests into one. I use short sleeved ones under sleepsuits instead of no sleeves.

Confusing stuff this baby clothing :lol:

It really is! The only problem I've found is that Becky has gone into a bigger size more quickly with her cloth nappies. She's still in disposables at night so I can still get her into my favourite ones like she's wearing in that pic as opposed to the boring plain ones. Pity they're under something all the time so you can't see them anyway :lol:

God I can't believe vests are so blowing my mind, do you put them under the sleepsuits, day romper suits?

Mx

Moofa said:
God I can't believe vests are so blowing my mind, do you put them under the sleepsuits, day romper suits?

Mx

Yep, just depends on the temperature. We have a sleeveless one on her pretty much all the time, except for a day where it was quite warm. During the day she is usually ina vest with a long sleeved t shirt and soft trousers or dungarees, a sleepsuit at night with a light blanket. It really depends on the temperature of where you are.

daftscotslass said:
Moofa said:

Mx

Yep, just depends on the temperature. We have a sleeveless one on her pretty much all the time, except for a day where it was quite warm. During the day she is usually ina vest with a long sleeved t shirt and soft trousers or dungarees, a sleepsuit at night with a light blanket. It really depends on the temperature of where you are.

We are in Oxford and the baby is due July 12th so not sure if LO will be too hot or not, that's what is confusing me, I'm so dumb :wall:

Don't worry about it! If you get or have a Grobag sleeping bag you get a room thermometer with it that will tell you exactly what your LO should be wearing with the sleeping bag according to room temperature. There's a table here - http://www.babysleepshop.com/acatalog/grobags.html

You eventually get used to working out what to put on them during the day - babies tend to get very grumpy if too hot or too cold but it's as simple as a quick feel of their chest. It's normal for hands to be a bit cold - it's a case of adding or removing layers as you see fit, rather than relying on heavy or light clothing.

Worth remembering the one month old rule of thumb also :) Once at that age IIRC they can wear the same amount of layers as we do. Before that its plus one pretty much :)

This used to really confuse me too!! I have now bought the grobag digital thermometer as my flat temp varies, in summer it gets really hot as im above a shop and have flats above and next to me which seems to keep the heat in. The thermometer is always orange (warm) but not red (too hot) even at the moment and baby due August. While the flats like this (warm) would you keep baby in a vest (short sleeved bodysuit) unless going out/temp dropping??xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back