Hospital bag for baby

Cherrycola

Reaction score
Hiya

I know this is similar to a thread the other day (think it was Hope's) but sometimes it is easier for other people to identify what you have missed.

I packed my hospital bag for baby yesterday. So far I have the following:

3 x vests up to 7.5lb
3 x vests up to 10lb
3 x sleepsuits up to 7.5lb (with scratchmits)
3 x sleepsuits up to 10lb (with scratchmits)

2 x hats
2 x socks
2 x cardi's

pack of 27 Nappies
pack of wipes
cotton wool balls

Blanket
Small Bear for crib (present for my DD to give baby)
3 x muslin squares

I will have extra clothes and coming home outfits laid out at home so that OH can bring them up to hospital as needed.

Have I missed anything? x

Nappy sacks
Dummies (if going to use)
Formula and bottles (if FF)
Present for DD off baby?

oh and the carseat in the car :)

Thanks hun, will add nappy bags just now.

Present for DD is going in my bag (still need to get this and can't decide what to get because I feel like she has everything! Any suggestions?, she's 17 months!)

Car seat all ready to go and hoping to breastfeed. Think I will check at my antenatal appointment on wed whether I should pack some formula/ bottles for emergencies although I really only want to use it as a last resort.

Hadn't really thought about dummies and don't really have a preference for or against. Think I might actually get some just in case, thanks! x

-Wipes
-Cotton wool balls
-Baby toiletries
-Socks / booties
-Hat
-Muslin cloths
-Blanket
-Nappy Sacks

Thanks hun, will add nappy bags just now.

Present for DD is going in my bag (still need to get this and can't decide what to get because I feel like she has everything! Any suggestions?, she's 17 months!)

Car seat all ready to go and hoping to breastfeed. Think I will check at my antenatal appointment on wed whether I should pack some formula/ bottles for emergencies although I really only want to use it as a last resort.

Hadn't really thought about dummies and don't really have a preference for or against. Think I might actually get some just in case, thanks! x

I'm struggling on the present for AJ too.
He has chosen a Jellycat teddy for baby but he also wants one for himself! He had loads of teddies :lol: I was going to get him a game for his leappad.

What about a little bag with crayons, colouring pad, stickers etc? A little happyland type set? Travel aquadoodle? Its hard when they have everything, AJ is the same! x

Last edited:
you need two vest sizes? :(

You probably need 3 sizes but just cos you have no idea what will fit!! Different brands have vastly differing sizes and what's newborn in one store is 0-3 in another. You can't predict how chubby or skinny or long your wee one will be, so best to cover all bases.

Of course you're better going for too big than too small, as long as you can get a properly fitting outfit as soon as possible xx

Last edited:
Glad you said that Leesey, I completely forgot about putting more than one size in!!

Although we only live about 20 mins walk from the hospital so no big issue if we don't have the right size, OH can always nip home! x

I only took 0-3 last time and managed fine.
I'm not at the bag packing stage yet but will probably take newborn and 0-3 this time.

I have new baby (up to 7.5), newborn (up to 9/10lb) and newborn (up to 14lb) from different shops so that there's a bit of variety there. Hell they're all tiny so it's not like they take up that much room!! xx

When does everyone recommend having the bag packed should I start around 35weeks?xx

I'm taking Next up to one month stuff, does up to 10lbs.x

My son will be 22 mths and so far we have got him a best big brother teddy from mothercare an are looking to get him a little toy from the baby. Again we dont know what but only something small!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back