Baby Clothes

Zazu

Reaction score
Do you have to wash all your baby's clothes before they wear them? I have got a lot of new baby sizes and dont want to wash them in case baby is big and they don't fit.

What is everyone else doing?:confused:

Ive washed all my clothes that Ive been given, but like you Im putting off washing the brand new stuff. What if she doesnt come out a she?!

But I do see the reasons for doing it, so might just bite the bullet and take the tags off and go for it!!

Perhaps just do a couple, and then get OH to wash any others for you when needed.
Or wash and take the slightly bigger one to hosp, as your bound to use that one, any babygrow will be baggy to start with X

Mak;e sure you leave the special non bip wash powder out in baby room, and the baby grow packets all left out in order with large labels on, my OH was usless , es when he became a father, t was like his small brain just fell out!

Last edited:
I've washed all of my stuff - but i bought only a few newborn things new, i was given a lot second hand. The rest is 0-3 months because even if its a 7-8lber they are not in newborn very long so i can see your reasoning. My advice would be to wash it all - just because you'l be amazed at how much they get through in those first few weeks and the last thing you want to be thinking about is washing clean clothes as well as all the other washing (one-two sicky feeds and its a whole load by the time you've done sheets, towels, muslims,clothes) - I remember washing being the thing that hit me the most and still to this day it is one of my biggest daily chores, so wash and store cos i reacon you'll use it all and don't forget people will buy babe clothes too that will need to be washed

I've washed all the clothes for up to 3 months i have.
i thought we had to :roll::lol:

I've also washed all the bedding and towels and the rest of it but again thought i had to becasue of babys skin. :oooo:

I didn't even think about if Ava came out a boy, we had it double checked at the 3D scan but if SHE comes out a HE, he will be in a lot of pink for the first few months :lol:

erm... have been a bit slack with this :S need to get on and wash it all - have washed the bag for the hospital stuff

have just had 'so' much stuff to do/sort out!

i will do it this week though, get it all ready and smelling like us for the wee one :)

Perhaps just do a couple, and then get OH to wash any others for you when needed.
Or wash and take the slightly bigger one to hosp, as your bound to use that one, any babygrow will be baggy to start with X

Mak;e sure you leave the special non bip wash powder out in baby room, and the baby grow packets all left out in order with large labels on, my OH was usless , es when he became a father, t was like his small brain just fell out!

:rofl:And I thought baby brain was just a mum thing!

Made my decision now then, I'll wash all the 1-3 month stuff and a few newborn stuff, if he comes out as a he and not too big, oh can wash the rest. Thanks for you advise girls - best get the washing machine on! X x x

i'm gonna wash mine. every1's told me i need to wash it in non biological powder to.

Yes everything i have washed so far, i have used non-bio. I have used the Comfort Pure fabric softener - it smells soooo good! I must admit, i didn't even think about washing bedding - i'll add it on to the list! :lol:

I was told to wash all my clothes for two reasons (1) it will help familiarise your baby with your smell (house&washing smells) which will help with the bonding stage (2) If any of the clothes are rough feeling or has dirt on it, which we don't notice it will be clean for them when you get to put them on little one. But I can understand about not wanting to wash all the nice new stuff I was the same until one day I spent the whole day washing it all.....my goodness was it a long and tiring day :lol:

^^ I had that day yesterday, actually it was all weekend, I think I might be getting a bit of nesting. I didnt stop to think about if we need to return anything. Oh well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back