hello everyone

catty1

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have just joined this site so apologies if I get the lingo wrong!. We have been ttc again since I had a mmc in May. That pregnancy was unplanned but very wanted and now I can't imagine that there was ever a time that I wasn't desperate to get pregnant.

I wish I had found this forum before when I was going through the mmc as I had so many unanswered questions.

I haver been using ovulation testers this month bu hav'nt had a positive yet and I only have 1 left. Feel like I should have OV'd by now (17 days after AF, 29 day cycle). Is it normal to not get a positive result?

Anyway, just wanted to say hi

xxx

Hiya Catty :)

Sorry about your mmc :(

OV is considered normal if it happens as late as day 18, so maybe it that.

Also OPKs don't work for everyone because some people never produce the amount of hormone required to get a positive result, even if they are ovulating normally.

Maybe you should try to find a more sensitive brand, if such a thing exists (i don't use them myself).

Or if you tried comparing all your results to each other - maybe a photo of each - and seeing if there is one that is darker than the rest. Even if it doesn't indicate a positive result, the darkest will likely be your OV.

Hi Catty. Really sorry to hear about your MC. You will find loads of support and advice here. Firstly get yourself on ebay and buy ovulation tests there, you can get about 50 for £2.50, they are ridiculously expensive in Boots or similar and seem to work the same, though Louise is quite right that they just might not work for you, they dont for everyone. You will start to know exactly when you ovulate anyone once you start looking for the symptoms. The main one is the Egg White Mucus, which you will see often refered to on here as EW. Horrid stuff that appears in your knickers when you due to ovulate which helps the swimmers on their way. Anyway, you probably know all this but I didnt learn it til I came on here. Hope to see lots of you and fingers crossed you get a positive result soon xxx

thanks

It's great to have things like EW explained properly. Much better than trying to Google 'vaginal mucus during ovulation' in the office without anyone noticing!

Pretty sure I am ovulating as I type as I usually get a one sided mild back pain which I assume must be ovulation. My test yesterday came back very negative (the test stripe was actually lighter than it's surroundings!) so maybe they just don't work for me.

Hi Catty, Id buy a bulk load and try testing at different times of day, preg tests (HCGs) you need to test morning urine then opks you test after 10am. You may have been doing this already I dont know but just a thought but good luck anyway xxx

Ha ha ha! Catty that made me laugh so much, I think I once got caught googling about sperm mobility, my secretary didnt say anything but gave me a really odd look. The worst was when the IT guys came and checked all our internet use! thankfully everyone just got a lecture on using facebook so much, but it was a red faced moment for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back