healing episiotomy

Magic Monkey

Reaction score
I went to the docs this week and she said that my scar has healed with the skin overlapping slightly, which has caused a really sore lump inside. She said to give it 3 -4 more weeks and that if it hasn't sorted it out I may have to go back in to be recut and stitched.

Has anyone else had this happen and did it sort itself out? (please tell me it did!)

I didn't have an episiotomy, but I did tear on my left hand side, right at the entrance.
I healed in a really weird way, it left me with a lump which is totally painless.

my skin did kind of overlap itself which left me with the lump. This bit hurt and stung for ages after Id healed everywhere else, but eventually, Im at a stage where its more or less back to normal.

Hoping yours heals painlessly hun with no more interference!

xxx

thanks, that sounds similar - everywhere else has healed, and it is just a lump just inside the entrance that still stings and feels sore when I walk.

Ive had an epistotomy and part of it has healed with the skin overlapped and has left a lump which isnt sore, I asked at my 6week check and they said it will probably always be like that :? but least mine isnt sore so I dont really mind to be honest.

my tear has healed in a sort of ridge the whole length of my perineum... :? its a bit weird but doesn't hurt. my bum still hurts when i poo tho (sorry, tmi :oops: :oops:) - not sure if i've been stitched a bit too tight or whether its something else (piles - i can't feel any tho??); got the gp next week so taking dulco-whatsitcalled til then... :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back