message for amzhunny

s

Reaction score
Hi Amzhunny,
Thanks for replying to my post re episiotomy. Is there anything I can do to help the healing process? My local gps says no and live normally that it will knit together itself from the inside out. One midwife said the same and the other said try to keep still and let air at it. DId you do pelvic floor? Did you take baths? Sorry to ask so many questions but I want to avoid having it restitched.
s

i tore a tiny bit.. and it re-opened when i had sex after 6 weeks.. and never knitted back.. so its up to you..

Hey hun, i know its hard put try not to worry about it..the more you think about it the sorer it becomes if you get what i mean.

Mine did take a while to heal but alls i did like i replied on the other post is to keep it clean even if it means 2 or 3 baths a day i was having baths during the night because i was so uncomfortable. Salt water although debatable how useful it is i used by the bucked loads i didnt use bubble bath till after 6 weeks because i was too worried of hurting it.

I also as much as i could didnt wear any knickers and 'aired' it, sounds horrid but just put my feet up on the bed for half an hour here an there when LO is alseep or you have some help with LO will help also but otherwse loose underwear so it can air - yes i lived in granny pants for ages!!!! haha

erm...mum would put sudacream on but i did have sore bits in other places also, just make sure you take the tabs and if it changes and starts getting worse again go straight back to GP.

In terms of sex - you know your own body and i wont lie it bloody hurt the first few times and i never did it till like 8 weeks after cos i was too scared! And if i am honest it still hurts now sometimes just taking time...but the wound healed fine. Just dont do anything strenuous to tear it and if you are planning on post natal exercises start light and build up..

sorry to nag on i am just going on what i have had to do.

Amber is 4 months today and the tear is fine healed etc and i am more or less back to normal apart from the exrttra stone and half in weight lol lol

:rotfl:

:hug: :hug:

p.s. mine knitted back from the inside out....i didnt have to have it re-stitched as it healed alone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back