He has gone off his milk

jennifer1981

Reaction score
Since i started weaning LO he has gradually started going off his milk. When he is hungry and due for a bottle feed he tightens his lips together so i cant feed him. I try and try to make him have it.... trying to distract him sometimes by singing or something but he just WONT take it. Its not because he isnt hungry neither because he will scream until i give him something else....e.g baby rice or puree.

Im at the end of my tether because i know he gets all the nutrition he needs from milk and he is taking less and less every day.

Has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know what i can do different so he has his formula? Iv also tried putting it in with his veg, baby rice etc so i know at least he is getting it in other ways.

Im completely at a loss :doh:

PLEASE HELP!

im really sorry i cant offer any advice but i hope it gets easier :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Your doing your best by getting it in cheekily, obv the more u can get him to have the better.

Have you spoke to HV or doctor yet sweetie?

There is a cdrop in clinic on of a tues so il speak to the HV there. God its so stressfull when he wont eat :doh:

Hoping she gives me some tips

Have you tried giving him it in a cup? We do this with Becky's lunchtime milk because it's the only one she takes with a meal and she refuses to do bottle then food or food then bottle.

daftscotslass said:
Have you tried giving him it in a cup? We do this with Becky's lunchtime milk because it's the only one she takes with a meal and she refuses to do bottle then food or food then bottle.

Thats a thought. Might try him tomorrow. Not sure how he'd go with a cup yet though? I will give it a go though.

THinking as wel.... i might try the next size teets for the bottle and see if that helps. I gave him these once before though and he didnt like them as the flow was too fast :wall:

Yeah worth a shot, he might have decided that food is easier than sucking a bottle :lol:

With the cups we found a free flowing one was better (like the cheap TT ones you can get in Tesco) because she couldn't get the sucking right on the anti spill ones with fancy valves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back