Gone off his Milk

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Alfie doesnt want milke anymore. He will wolf down his morning bottle then the rest of the day gets annoyed if i try give him milk. He's been unhappy the last few days, since 3 months hes had a breakfast and a dinenr yet still 5 bottles but now he just doesnt want the milk, u tried to give him less solids so that he'd have more milk as I know up0 untill a year milk is essential but it just made him more upset, and still hungry. i bought the next flow teats but these make him choke. He still takes abottle (9oz) before bed an *oz bottle when he wakes up then he'll have a couple of slurpos during day. He's been so upset and still hungry so today I increased his solids, another meal and he has been so happy, is this wrong hes having about 21oz a day but normally he has roughly 30 - 35 oz, its such a drop in milk im worried.

Hey there hunnie,
How old is Alfie now? Have you spoken to your HV? Mine told me I should only be giving Ashlea meals on a lunch time something to do with too much foods can cause problems with bowels etc...i do give Ashlea evening meals as well as she's such a hungry baby...can you not give him rusks inbetween his meals...that way he's getting some milk as well?
Other than that hun I havent' got a clue....sorry...hope you find a solution though....take care....xxxx

ooooppppsssss I just re-read your post...I don't think its wrong he's had a drop in milk...I think they just get quite full, as long as he's still having milk. He's still taking quite a lot of milk so should be ok. Ashlea sometimes goes off her milk and after a few days I have to increase her bottles again...As long as he's gaining weight well and is happy then I don't think you have anything to worry about chick...xxxx

i have the annabell karmel book and she says in in that babies who are having two meals a day should only be havin 21-27oz's of milk a day.... i wen thru this with keeley so i dropped breakfast and just gave her a bottle and now she's back up to 24oz's a day she was only takin 18oz!

just an idea but have you given him any water? with him being on solids maybe he is refusing feeds cos he is thirsty and not hungry

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back