HCG climbing despite ectopic treatment

flisstebbs

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I'm sure loads of you have seen me bleating on now, but got called from EPU today again and now hcg levels are going up. Went today and today's figure in 1152 (originally 275 just over a week ago).

I know its not doubling, and I have come to terms with this not being a viable pregnancy (which it can't possibly be with the numbers), but this is really hard not knowing what is going to happen this week. Work is really busy and I feel well now so went back today but had to disappear to get "urgent" bloods done in the middle of the day which is a pain. The consultant phoned me this evening with the numbers, and is suggesting I will need surgery later in the week at the latest, he wants me to come in tomorrow for a laparoscopy... I really don't want surgery, especially having had the damn methotrexate now.

Anyone out there had anything like this, would welcome suggestions/ideas/personal experiences?? Really confused and so is DH.

xxx

How confusing for you :( I'm so sorry you are going through this right now. Really hope it doesn't mean surgery for you xxx

Following today's scan: Now they can see "something" sitting in my uterus. They can't tell me much today other than it looks like a small and misshapen gestational sac measuring about 1.7mm. I guess that's where the hcg is coming from. Little thing has been pounded with a death drug and still wants to continue on!

At least the laparoscopy is off for now, but I suspect this will all end in a D&C at some point.

And at least I'm not going to lose a tube....

what a chuffing carry on u have had bless ya my body was exactly the same did not wanna let go no matter what :-( ,gd news about not losing ur tube tho and i hope u get sorted asap xx

Thinking of you darling at this very stressful time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back