having my second miscarriage

buddabun

Reaction score
I found out on tues I was pregnant for the second time. no a/f since the last m/c so i'm not sure how far along I was but the conservative estimate (i.e. the earliest I could be ) is 4w6d today.

Last night I had one show of bright red blood. Nothing all night (I checked several hundred times). got up at 0600. went back for a snooze and got up again at 11 and have been bleeding all day since then (it's now 9.30pm where we are). It is the heaviness of a normal period, I have clotting. so basically i'm miscarrying again.

i can't believe this has happened a second time. i know we should be grateful that i'm healthy/we know we're fertile/it's not 8 weeks down the line etc etc but at the moment i just can't stop crying. when i got the bfp all i could think was 'shit. what if i m/c again' and gradually over the week i have come round to the idea of being pregnant (I the last time i was pregnant for 5 hours before the bleeding started so never got a chance to think about it).

we are not going to the doctors as they will jsut say 'i told you so' (she advised me to wait 6 months and GO BACK ON THE PILL before trying again. they also treated us very badly but i don't want to go into all that again) and to wait around for another 6 hrs to be told nothing. no one can do anything anyway. I am just sitting here with a very sore tummy and back feeling sick to my stomach that yet another baby decided to leave us so early.

how does anyone keep going through this? :cry:

been there too chick and can only sympathise with you :(

I would go to the docs though just so they are aware. Sounds aweful and i in no way mean it be, but if it does happen again they should do tests...im not wishing it on you a third time by no means (like i say im the same as you atm) but i dont want you to keep going through this with no explanation if there is one.

Is tehre anyway of seeing another doc to inform them?

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

buddabun said:
I found out on tues I was pregnant for the second time. no a/f since the last m/c so i'm not sure how far along I was but the conservative estimate (i.e. the earliest I could be ) is 4w6d today.

Last night I had one show of bright red blood. Nothing all night (I checked several hundred times). got up at 0600. went back for a snooze and got up again at 11 and have been bleeding all day since then (it's now 9.30pm where we are). It is the heaviness of a normal period, I have clotting. so basically i'm miscarrying again.

i can't believe this has happened a second time. i know we should be grateful that i'm healthy/we know we're fertile/it's not 8 weeks down the line etc etc but at the moment i just can't stop crying. when i got the bfp all i could think was 'sh*t. what if i m/c again' and gradually over the week i have come round to the idea of being pregnant (I the last time i was pregnant for 5 hours before the bleeding started so never got a chance to think about it).

we are not going to the doctors as they will jsut say 'i told you so' (she advised me to wait 6 months and GO BACK ON THE PILL before trying again. they also treated us very badly but i don't want to go into all that again) and to wait around for another 6 hrs to be told nothing. no one can do anything anyway. I am just sitting here with a very sore tummy and back feeling sick to my stomach that yet another baby decided to leave us so early.

how does anyone keep going through this? :cry:

Sorry darling. We're just going through the same thing at the moment.

You probably made the right decision to just stay at home - we spent 6 hours at A&E and were treated very badly.

You will get through it - it just hurts :hug:

PM me if you want to talk xxx

Just wanted to say, I agree with Sarah that you ought to inform your doctor it has happened just so that, if anything happens again (and we're all praying it won't for you honey) that they have it documented and can do something about it. It very much seems that they need to have it documented that it has happened more than once before they offer any solutions. :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Sorry you're having to go through this again hun.

Don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said, losing one hurts badly, losing another is unbearable but somehow you learn to live with the pain, although its never far away. Even now, five months after my 2nd m/c I have good days and bad days and cry so easily at things that never used to upset me. I think the only thing that will make things better is finally having a healthy baby and that's what me and DH cling to when we're feeling really sad. Would suggest talking things through with OH, family, friends, even your GP but don't suffer in silence and bottle things up - it really isn't good for you. Most importantly, take care of each other and allow yourselves time to heal physically and emotionally, but no reason to wait 6 months if you wanna try again soon xx

Sorry, its such a horrible thing to happen. I know you dont want to go the docs but watch out for any pains that could point to ectopic.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

we will tell the doctor when we are ready and don't worry I am keeping an eye out for pains. I have no intention of risking my health. I just don't want to put myself through that awful place again for no reason.

hubby and i are clinging to each other again. he has to go to work and tell his colleagues bless him (one has just had his 4th baby over the weekend. I can't bare to see her). i get to sit here and wallow at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back