have you followed food rules?

bethx

Reaction score
So as you all know theres lots of things we're not meant to eat when pregnant? I've seen loads of people worrying about having to much caffiene etc.. so do you follow all the rules or just eat what you want??

I follow most of them, I have cut down on caffeine but only really because its been giving me worse headaches. I dont eat liver etc but I have been indulging in runny fried eggs which i dont normally even like but baby obviously does.

With my first pregnancy I didnt even know you couldnt have so much caffeine and had cravings for energy drinks so drank them and at least 6 cups of tea a day... thankfully my LO is fine and certainly energentic :D

Ive been eating whatever I like. Obviously I havent eaten runny eggs, I cant stand them anyway. Ive luckily had no food cravings or anything like that. Alot of what you cant eat I cant stand anyway lol. I have been a sucker for mc donalds and kfc. Ive had alot of that lol! Bad I know but baby seems alright! xxxx

I tred to stick to food rules, but they went out the window im afraid!

The day I found out, I went to a wedding, where there evening buffet was cheese and bread, so I had loads of brie. I have also had runny eggs, mayo, chocolate mousse, lots of tuna and tinned sardines (in the same day!) and im indulging myself with the chocolate - had a bit of a craving for energy drinks, so have been having lucozade as well - oh, and ive dyed my hair, which isnt a food rule, but just goes to show how much ive done, and everything (fx) still ok xxxxxx

ive stuck to all the rules really, if something happened and i hadnt been i think i would blame myself so i dont think its worth it. I did have a craving for ice cream though and i was eating loads of mr whippy until the midwife told me i shouldnt be! x

I don't like much of the food you're not allowed to eat anyway. Have just been to the shop and got some lucozade though....oops!

Ive tried to stick to the rules but sometimes you wonder whether some of them need to be avoided. Like last time i couldnt eat peanuts, this time they have decided you can! x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing i've craved is peanut butter but i've resisted so far! I want to wait until i'm past 12 weeks and I know everythings ok with Bubba and then I might have to odd slice of peanut butter on toast!

Christmas is going to be really hard for me becuase me & my Brother in Law usually fight over the biggest slice of lemon roulade and i'm banned this year because of the meringue! :(

never mind small price to pay I reckon! :)

xxx

I eat runny eggs all the time, drink as much tea and coffee as I like, eat peanuts, had some goats cheesethe other day, and I'm ok! They are guidelines anyway, I don't see why you shooing enjoy normal stuff-people didn't know this in the Victorian days or anything and they all had healthy babies.
One thing I have managed is to quit smoking - OH's mum used to be a midwife and she said when she delivered a smokers baby the placenta was always discoloured and their umbilical chord used to snap really easily and be really weak, when a non smokers used to be really pink and strong. So I'd be more worried about that then what I eat! X

The only thing i've craved is peanut butter but i've resisted so far! I want to wait until i'm past 12 weeks and I know everythings ok with Bubba and then I might have to odd slice of peanut butter on toast!
I eat peanut butter let's say once every 2 weeks and I'm fine...
my midwife asked me if I have allergy and I said no, so she said I can eat peanuts, peanuts butter etc

I eat healthy and I stick to the rules, I care about what is recommended to eat or not.
I spent a few days searching what type of fish is safe to eat and how much, it is proved it raises IQ for babies if the mother ate during pregnancy
I drink decaf coffee. wich is fine! it's not hard at all, you can find it everywhere...

Last edited:
I haven't been eating alot anyway but when i was pregnant last time i didn't really stick to the rules. LO was fine and healthy. I have cut down my smoking to 7 a day and hopefully should be down to 5 which the midwife has said is better. I know you shouldn't smoke but to be fair its a very horrible habbit thats very hard to give up. I suppose if you eat the naughty things once a few weeks it shouldn't hurt to much :) x

I have switched to decaf tea as i drink tea all day everyday but ever since becoming pregnant i drink 2 cups of tea a day at the most. I have followed most of the food rules but i havent been eating alot anyway. I wont worry too much if i eat one of the no no foods as my doc said dont panic. Defo staying clear of foods like shellfish though! x

I've stuck to most of the rules, except tea and coffee - I definitely have more than they recommend. Have had the biggest cravings for brie and vegetable pate just because I know I can't have them!!

ive eat runny fried eggs aswell cant seem to stop eating them alothough i do make sure there cooked properly i have been drinking lucazade alothugh they have changed the diabetes test her for pregnancy from that horrid glocouse solution to lucazade wohoo no feeling ill after having it lol ive not ate much choccie but have 1-2 lattes a day or few days cant stand mayo this tym round lol

I've stuck to most of the rules. I've switched to decaff tea and don't fancy coffee anyway. No runny eggs or pate at all. Don't like nuts even if peanuts is a problem. The only odd rule break - had dinner at a friends which included stuffed mushrooms with stilton in and they didn't know I was pregnant so ate that. Plus the odd glass of champagne when celebrating!

Christmas is going to be really hard for me becuase me & my Brother in Law usually fight over the biggest slice of lemon roulade and i'm banned this year because of the meringue! :(

never mind small price to pay I reckon! :)

xxx

You can eat meringue providing it's been cooked all the way through. It's only if the eggs are still raw (freshly made mayonnaise) & runny eggs, due to the salmonella risk. If you want some lemon roulade at Christmas - go for it xxx

I cannot stand tea or coffee at the moment & can't face the thought of runny eggs.
My taste for food at the moment luckily is really healthy - I'm loving grapes & strawberries!
I am really enjoying omelette butties at the moment too - with loads of butter, which I think is my indulgence of the moment. Gone off chocolate, but loving ice lollies.
The thing I miss the most is goats cheese - bloomin love it!!!

But there's plenty of other stuff to choose from if you can face it - lol!

Sunnyb xxx

i didn't know peanut butter was not allowed!!!! i've had loads!

i also looked on the pack of fresh grana padano (parmesan type chees) and it said not suitable for pregnant women. We had already had half a pack between us in the days before - ooops not had anymore though. Yet on some sites it says parmesan ok?!!!

the one thing i will miss is stilton or gorgonzola at crimbo... oh and pate...

prawns are ok aren't they?

I think theres so many things that some people think your allowed and some say your not, its hard to know which ones are real. I asked my doctor who said you can eat runny eggs as long as the white is cooked, also no problem with nuts. I dont like alot of the things your not allowed either and do try to follow the rules, thankfully I eat pretty healthy anyway so dont have to worry to much.. I would love a nice juicy pink steak though but only 6 months to wait :D

i have had peanut butter, soft cheese mayo etc.

i think some of them are ott to be honest. my mum didn't find out she was pregnant with me until she was 6 months so still ate everything, drank and smoked and im fine.

they never used to worry anout this stuff and had healthy babies.

xxx

I got gest diabeties so can't really have anything :( so gutted when I found out x plus i was being careful with certain foods OH is annoying though was like you want pate last night... he knows i love the stuff grrr x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back