Have I damaged baby???

EmmBee123

Reaction score
OK, heartburn was really bad yesterday and so I caved, went to Boots and spoke to the pharmacist, explained that I was 4 weeks gone and that my heartburn was unbearable, she said that Gaviscon was safe to take and that if I called the midwife they'd put it on prescription for me.

So today I called the midwife and asked whether I could have some on prescription. She said that I couldn't as it's not advisable until I'm 12 weeks. I had four spoons of the stuff yesterday before I knew it wasn't safe. Am petrified after my mc back in 2008 (unplanned but still welcome) that I'll do something to (please excuse my language) bugger this up.

Do you think baby will be ok?

ive known people to take this too and everything was ok for them xx

I had gaviscon right from the beginning of my first preg. I never heard you couldn't take it til 12 weeks x

thanks ladies! just needed a bit of reassurance there.

I took it constantly when pregnanct with my twins, from even before I had my BFP and they are fine xx

Ah that's wierd to see...my midwife was the one who recommended it to me while I was still in the first tri! Funny how they give conflicting advice! Not helpful! Anyway, I was guzzling it like water and all is fine with me so far if that's any comfort.

xx

I was taking it from the beginning to the end of both of my pregnancies am more then positive everything will be fine. xxx

aww emma i wouldnt worry chick :) Dont know what that midwife was saying, but I've never heard that Gaviscon is bad...My mum literally used to drink from the bottle when she was pregnant :) We all turned out fine lol :) xxxx

I was guzzling gaviscon right from the off as well.... disgusting stuff but it worked like a charm :D I think you're safe TBH. As far a I know, it doesn't actualy get absorbed into your body at all, it just neutralises the acid in your tummy and then comes out of your system on its own. :)

xxx

I had the cheaper version of gaviscon prescribed by GP at 7 weeks :)

my mum works in a pharmacy & she told me they sell it to pregnan women all the time. she too has never heard of the 12week thing!!! you'll be fine!!!!! i didnt know i was pg till about 11 weeks and had been drinking and everything!!!!! i think there's too much conflicting advice out there!!! makes us confused!!

OH is convinced it's more damaging to baby to worry about all the conflicting advice.

When I called to make my booking appointment, she reeled off a big long list of things i shouldn't eat/drink/do but only a couple of things I should do

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back