Might have to wait till 14 wks for scan :(

nikkid

Reaction score
Just wanted a little moan lol I am abt 6 weeks and 3 days and I called the midwife today as I was told to by the dr yesterday and she just told me to call back in 4 weeks and she will arrange my scan for sometime between 12 and 14 weeks :( Really dont want to wait that long to make sure everything is ok!!

Unless youve got any previous history that's the standard time frame for dating scans. Alternatively to reassure yourself you could pay for a private scan - I did that.

It's normal to get ur scan then. I had a couple of private scans due to a previous mmc, but paid £60 a time! I saw my midwife at 10+5 weeks and had my scan at 12+4 weeks on the nhs. Xx

I always thought it was around the 12 week point not 14 weeks. I supopse it just seems like its sooooooo far away.

Depends what area you live in and the trust you are under. Its a pain having to wait!! x

They do try for around 12 weeks but the latest u could have one is 14 weeks. Xx

Im just so impatient :) and I seem to be worrying alot more than i did with my last baby.

they do it betweeen 12 and 14 weeks, i was 13 weeks when i had mne x

i ll be 11 wks 3 days when I have mine

I'll be 13 + 4 when I have mine. It does seem like a long wait but it will come round quickly. In the plus side the further on you are the more there is to see when you get your scan!

Thats true actually I never thought of it like that lol x

When my midwife booked my appt i had the choice of 2 dates, one would have made me 11+3 and the other made me 13. I ended up choosing the 13 because i decided it would be as you can see more and dont have as long to wait till the next scan (saying that i'd had to have an early scan at 6+4) so i suppose havent already known baby was htere and in the right place with a heartbeat helped me to be more patient!

Thats what I want to know. I suppose I just want some sort of reassurance that everythings ok and another 6-8 weeks seems like forever to me hee hee x

Yeah i understand that. I've only got till next monday to wait for mine and the days are going so slowly. It's killing me! I guess pregnancy is one long waiting and worrying game for us all! lol

I cant remember being this worried with my last pregnancy lol

This is my first so nothing to compare it to. But i feel perminantly worried about something baby related! Maybe you just forgot all the worry because you got your baby at the end of it? :)

Maybe thats what it is lol and plus it was 5 years ago :)

I've never got this far with a pregnancy before and I'm constantly worried about what could go wrong.
I think its natural for us mums-to-be to worry :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I suppose it would be unnatural for us not to worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back