has anyone used the theraline c section belt?

joanne26

Reaction score
hi all,

i am booked in to have a c section on friday 24th october. ( due to my baby girl being breech) so she may turn in the mean time!

has anyone used the theraline c section support belt? to help protect the cut etc ..... :think:

was it any good? iam thinking of getting one- but just wanted to see if they are worth useing? :think:

also, for thoose of you who have had a section... how soon was you in jeans/trousers? ive got the impression ill have to wear pjs for 6 weeks :lol:

No I didn't use one of those belts, to be honest I've never heard of them. On the drive home from hospital my mum suggested putting a towel between my scar and the seat belt which was a wise idea.

I didn't even try and get into my pre pregnancy clothes until my scar had healed completely. I didn't want anything too tight touching the scar as it feels so sensitive. I brought some trousers a size bigger than I would normally wear and they were more than comfy. You will find that the area around the scar is numb but sensitive for a while after the operation so looser clothes are a must.

I also reccommend buying some arnica tablets, these really help heal the bruising, I started taking them 3 days after my operation, before then my wound was black with bruising, the following day the bruising had cleared up massively. You can buy arnica from Boots.

I also found I didn't want to wear pj's, I was more comfy in a nightie as they were looser on the wound.

Another thing I recommend is a v shaped pillow, good for bottle and breastfeeding.

Good luck honey, I look forward to hearing how it all goes for you.

I agree with absolutely everything Bexie said...I also bought some granny pants :lol: they went well over my scar and almost up to my boobs :lol: it means you dont have the fabric rubbing against the scar too much :D I just bought a pack of 4 for £2.50 from tescos quite possibly the best buy of my pregnancy :lol:

But yeah, basically everything Bexie said :hug: good luck hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back