breech position

silver23

Reaction score
I am 35 weeks, and my baby is breech. Am planning to have c-section if doesn't turn. I'm really worried after reading about higher risk of abnormalities in breech babies. Has anyone got any advice that might help? :(

has your midwife not given you exercises to try and turn the baby?

Alastair was breech hun and theres nowt wrong with him :D

Try not to worry hun :hug: everything will be fine :hug:

a doctor said to me that sometimes the shape of your uterus and the shape of your baby just means they fit better breech. jack has no problems! i got very worried about abnormalities in the end of my pregnancy and i think it is normal!! i want to say try not to worry but when people said it to me i totaly ignored them! maybe its natures way of preperring you for an abnormality...chances are you will be relieved when your LO is born!

I too am 35 weeks and my baby has been breech all along, the little monkey has shown no signs of wanting to move, I too am worried about abnormalities and what kind of delivery i will end up with. I have spent hours googling the causes of breech and ways to turn the baby, I am concerned about my consultant wanting to do an ECV, I think that the baby has been this way round all this time for a reason, why would it co operate with it being turned?? So many anxieties and the worst bit is time is of the essence and you cant plan up until the last minuite!!
Sorry this is not very helpfull, wanted to let you know you're not alone!!!

Thanks - I hope everything goes well for you. I've decided not to try ECV because I don't like the sound of it. It is frustrating, not knowing what will happen, but not long to wait now!!

Have they said when they might book you in for a section? I'm not sure what the policy is at my local hospital.

No. My widwife said they try to do it near the due date (14.05.07), but everything I've seen seems to say 1-2 weeks before. Should hopefully know more when I see her on 18.04.07!

Sorry I cnnot help but why would a baby in breech position be at risk of abnormalities?? That seems very unlikely, where did you read about it silver? And babies can turn right up until actual labour so there's still time, and getting on all fours and using a birth ball could help tempt LO to turn head down too, very best wishes :hug:

Hiya, it does say in numerous places that the breech baby can be breech due to abnormalaties such as hydrocephalus or some other chromasomal abnormalaties but the literature also suggests that a lot of babies that are born breech are born prematurely, this can be because the baby hasn't turned itself before the birth and lots of babies are breech until fairly late on (does that make sense???) I think we mummies worry about the slightest things, it's our job!! But its more likely the baby is breech because its just more comfy that way!!

Aw sorry to hear you are worried, get yourself down the gym and go swimming, that can help to get a baby into a good position.
Also
Acupressure or acupuncture (preferably with a professional) using the Bladder 67 point has been proven to turn breech babies. The Bladder 67 point is on the outside of the little toe on both feet, right next to the nail. To apply acupressure, rub and push your fingernail into this point.

Might be worth a try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back