the coil / c-section

charlotte_

Reaction score
i just read online that i may not be able to have the coil fitted at (or around) my 6 week check up, because i had a c-section, is this true?

what would the reason for this be? can any c-section & coil using mummies set me straight?

Hmm, I asked a few midwives and the health visitor and they all said I could have my coil fitted at my 6 weeks check providing I'd had a period and that the doctor I saw was trained in fitting them.

I have my 6 week check next week so will let you know how I get on :)

how the hell are you supposed to know if you're having a period? or it's just the post-birth bleeding still?

anyway, cheers hun :)

charlotte_ said:
how the hell are you supposed to know if you're having a period? or it's just the post-birth bleeding still?

I was going to ask the exact same thing. Im thinking of having a coil fitted for the first time.

it's my first time too. i think it's probably going to work the best for me, the injection made me put 3 stone on :oops: and i got pregnant after taking the pill badly! i want something i don't want to worry about.

Suppose it depends how long your loss after birth goes on for. Mine didn't last all that long, about 2 weeks, stopped for a few weeks and now I'm definitly having a period, deffo not post birth bleeding. I think they do a pregnancy test if your bleeding hasn't stopped by your 6 week check.

I've had coils before. My first one was brilliant, I loved it till it fell out when I was at work. Then I had another which was hell but it was because it was a T shaped coil which can be really painful if you've never had children. I'm going for the Mirena this time which I've heard is brilliant.

I had the merina coil fitted when my youngest was 8 months old they did say that it can cause the scar from a section to rupture when putting it in but if the person doing it is experienced it should be less of a risk, also to bear in mind thy said it could affect the supply of breast milk - I didnt have a problem but wee one was 8 months old so feeding was well established.

charlotte_ said:

I got my first post birth period the other day :)(Gutted I hate them haha) I stopped bleeding at about 3 weeks in the end and started bleeding again the other day so thats how I know its a period! It goes back to being red again also! Rather than the yucky browny cr*p haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back