Has anyone out there had medical management after a mmc? **UPDATE 02/05/14**

well I was just in the shower and felt a feeling in my lower abdomen I get that feeling when I have normal discharge so though nothing of it as I had stopped bleeding last night. so I looked down and seen blood and started screaming on my husband and just as he came through there was like a little ball came out not sure if that was a bubble or the sac thou! then I felt something else (thankfully hubby had ran in by this time and switched shower off) and the baby had come out I broke my heart and was so scared. I bent down to see as hubby said he wasn't sure what it was and as I bent down I could see it was clearly a baby I could see eyes and there was 2 tiny legs forming also I seen something else a pointy bit between the legs (and I had remembered reading ages ago that the sex develops at about 6 weeks you just cant see it on a scan til 16-20weeks) so im guessing it would have been a little boy! Im heartbroken ive kept "my little baby" in a container as I was due to go to hospital tomorrow and I will show them it. hubby is surprised it was just that well so was I, I thought there would of been loads of blood but no a few drops of blood then that. so I don't know if all the blood had came out on sat night and there was just that left or if there is more to come?

im so confused what do all you lovely ladies think? if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

I'm so sorry hun it is heartbreaking seeing baby when you pass it. It is good news though if you have as you probably wont need to spend very long if any time in tomorrow now. Sounds like you have passed everything so they will probably rescan etc check blood pressure and let you go home.
Sounds like you bled mostly on Saturday then, the blood loss should really slow down now. Hope your okay hun xxx

Hey hon huge hugs. I miscarried naturally Sunday night, well I think I did. I'm going for my scan in a couple of hours to check I've passed everything. Everything u had sounds like what I had (til the shower), but my EPU didn't seem worried about how much blood and stuff I was passing either. She even told me I sounded fine on the phone! I had a bit of a peep at things in the loo, but I couldn't look closely.

I don't have any advice for you tho I'm sorry. It must have been heartbreaking. Thinking of you. X

Hi everyone,

well I went to the hospital today and took my little container with me and didn't expect to be in the hospital for longer than 5 mins. so I went in and gave it to the nurse she explained I would of been in a side room and to take a seat there while she examined inside the container. The nurse came back and said they had examined it and it was only the sac nothing else so I would need another scan, so I went for the scan and it showed there were still "remains" that needed to come out so they went ahead with the procedure and kept me in for the day but I didn't pass anything else so I was told to go home and do a preg test in 2 weeks if its negative everythings fine if its positive I have to go back for surgery :(

so im not sure exactly whats gonna happen in 2 weeks and the thought of surgery terrifies me ive never had surgery before, has this happened to anyone else? has anyone else had to go back for surgery after medical management? how did you find it?

Hi hons, you are having a rough ride, I was never in hospital prior to my first MMC, I was recommended by my Obstetrician to go the surgical route after both my MMC's and have an ERPC, I was nervous beforehand but found the anesthetic and the procedure ok, I had no pain afterwards and only had spotting for a few days. I think it can happen that you need an ERPC if any tissue remains after a natural miscarriage as you need to have all pregnancy material removed before you can get pregnant again. I would chat with your GP as leaving you for another two weeks worrying seems very hard. If the sac is gone does this mean that only pregnancy related tissue is left, I know you did not want to go the surgical route if the baby was still there , but if it is only other tissue perhaps they could scan sooner and then go the surgical route as you might feel happier knowing you have all the hospital stuff finished with. Take care of yourself and your hubby x

hi clementine I have asked for it sooner than having to wait 2 weeks but the hospital said it would take 2 weeks for any tissue to leave or something but I really want it done sooner than 2 weeks as I feel like this is totally dragging and I just want it over do you think my gp could possibly arrange for it to happen sooner?
Also we don't know about anything else all we know is ive passed the sac but that was empty which begs the question where is the baby?

Last edited:
This might bring you some comfort - with my first MMC the baby was there when they did the first scan at 11weeks (but no heartbeat) when they did the 2nd scan 3 days later before my ERPC the sac was empty ( I had no bleeding) they said my body had reabsorded the baby as it was so small, this brought me some comfort at the time, maybe your body had reabsorbed your baby bean. Perhaps you cannot have the surgical procedure for 2 weeks if you have had medical management, your GP should be able to advise. x

Hi clementine this is gonna sound really thick and I've been trying to work it out but what does re absorbed mean

Hi, I have just read this. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I still have tears coming down on cheeks. Look after yourself . Cant give you any advice just know that everything changes with time.

I am so sorry, you really are having such a rough time with it. Maybe speak to GP and see the reasons for having to wait two weeks? Are you having any more pain or bleeding? Big hugs xxxxx

Hi the consultant that did my 2nd scan said as the baby was so small and had passed away that as the weeks go on it gets smaller and is reabsorded by the body, I think that it means that as the baby would be less than 1cm at 6weeks it is very small, most of the tissue at this stage is the lining of the womb, sac , placenta. I just took it that it had been resabsorbed into me which I felt happier about. x

Hi everyone,

hope you lovely ladies can help me?

today ive stopped bleeding so I thought well if ive stopped bleeding then maybe everything has come out? so I decided to go and buy a preg test however it came back positive. im a little bit baffled cause if its a positive preg test I should be jumping for joy right? but infact its the opposite cause I know theres nothing there but remains its hurting me so much. Also so if ive stopped bleeding then chances are theres no other way for the other bits to come out is there? im thinking the nurse said to me 2 weeks because she did say I should bleed for 2 weeks but ive stopped bleeding now should I phone the hospital on Monday? im so confused someone please help me im so miserable and I just want to go away on my own for a few days im so miserable, sorry for the long post

Last edited:
The hcg won't drop as quickly as that, so even if you've stopped bleeding and the mc is complete it might take a bit longer for hcg to come right down. If it's still pos in a couple of weeks-month then its worth checking out!

I didn't get a negative until 3 weeks after my erpc so don't worry like megsmeadow said it takes time to drop x

So sorry you're going through all this, my MC was a nightmare too and I was back and forth to the hospital for 2 months. I bled on and off for 2 months with mine, sometimes heavier sometimes hardly anything, I had nearly a week of proper period bleeding at the end of the 2 months, and then the next tests revealed HCG had dropped to zero. What Im trying to say is, you may stop bleeding, and then start again in the next 2 weeks. xxx

didnt want to read and run, just wanted to send you hugs, so sorry this has dragged so much for you. My own mc was at 6 weeks and was over very quickly, so im sorry i have no advice to give xxx take care

Hey love, I'm still waiting for my negative test, Wednesday was the last time I tested and it was still faintly positive so I'll do another one this Wednesday and let EPU know it's (hopefully by then) negative again. They won't sign me off until they know it's negative, which is a pain.

So pleased you've stopped bleeding, hopefully the physical side of this is coming to an end for you xx

Thanks ladies for your lovely replies,

1 minute im feeling like im getting back to normal and the next im so depressed and cant see past this. The only hope ive now got to cling on to is when I get my next af and try again but I wish I could just fast forward the time to when I get my next pos test :(

You will get through it and your body will recover (probably quicker than your heart). A miscarriage is your body's way of protecting itself from a unviable pregnancy so that you can go on to conceive again. They also say that you are very fertile after a mc so hopefully it won't be long. I was super lucky to conceive again after just one af (we didn't try until I'd had one). xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back