Stitch Re-Opened!!

dannii87

Reaction score
I thought I had split a stitch as I have been in agony when I poo since last Wednesday. It's to the point where I'm sobbing on the toilet and then I bleed etc.

So I went to see the docs yesterday and he said "have you checked yourself down there since this has happened?" I told him I hadn't because I was too scared, and he told me that I had split a few stitches and there was a hole. I've also torn my sphyncta muscle (which I also tore in labour).

I checked myself yesterday and OMG :shock: I wish I could post photos of it (obviously because of the nature of them I guess I can't!! lol)... It looks like I've been hacked to pieces down there :cry: It's disgusting and looks terrible. It's like I've been tortured and been sewn back together really badly. I'm also bleeding from this hole which has re-opened. It just looks so bad!

He wants to see if it'll heal itself but he said I might need it to be re-stitched at my 8 week check up :( Can't the nightmare of labour & Evie's birth end somewhere!? :(

xx

jesus Dannii, ur poor bum!!! :shock: :shock:

I never tore but I know what u mean about cryin on the loo, my piles were like grapefruits so i ended up havin to have surgery on them!! I hope u heal fast or ur at least sewn back up again, u poor thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aw you poor thing i really feel for you, i found everything down there painful for a few weeks and i didnt tear even half as bad as you so i can't imagine how much it must be hurting.. :hug: :hug: really hoping for a speedy healing and recovery for you! Have you tried putting a few drops of tea tree oil in your bath? i found it very helpful for soothing and aiding healing. My mum had a terrible double breach birth with me when she was 16..she had over 30 stitches and she told me when she looked down there she cried her eyes out it was such a mess but she said it took time but it eventually all healed and looked normal again. It must have as she had my lil sister 3 years later! :) i know it can feel like it will hurt forever and you'll never feel normal again but you will hun..just takes a while :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: I know how u feel, I had over 100 stitches after my 3rd degree tear and have had to have permanent ones in my bum so it doesn 't reopen! It feels and looks bad at the time but it does get better, honest! It also looks a lot better after a couple of months, can hardly notice mine now!

Aww :( :hug: :hug: Sorry your bum is causing you trouble :hug:

Did your Doc not suggest anything to help make pooing less painful?

Oh God Dannii :( Poor you. Like you're not traumatised enough. I feel for you hun. xxxxxxxxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

poor you :( i know a little how you feel as i had a small tear by my bum and that was bad enough. it opened every time i went to the loo - and actually still does now occasionally... i was given lactulose and two different local anaesthetic creams (one with steroids to reduce inflamation) - have they given you anything similar?

xxxxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel. I had something similar and it left me traumatised about my body.

It does get better with time hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I really hope u won't need a re-stich.
I had a similar thing, I did have a look before and i saw a red swollen part. so went to see my gp. she told me there was a gap! but she said it will heal by it self and she does'nt recommend re-stiching as it can cause infection! so I waited and it did heal..
Oh yeah the MW which came to see me recommended me taking arnica tablets. they are 100% safe and natural as they have a healing property so not sure if it did help but i took it and i healed!

Eeek sounds painful :( :hug:

Just wanna say though I had an episiotomy and when I looked it was a complete mess, looked like a massacre lol but once it heals it does look alot neater so try not to worry, its still a fresh wound so bound to look bad at the mo im sure once it heals fully and settles it wont be too bad.

Hope it heals on its own and you dont require further stitching :hug: x

Oh Dannii, I think you're overdue a lottery win or something :(

Massive hugs :hug:

Thanks girls!

It's agony to poo. I sat on the loo for 40 minutes yesterday sobbing... I have to get in loads of funny positions to try and ease the poo out gently and nothing works! It's like it splits more each time I poo! I hate it... :(

I just want a normal body... I'm not asking for anything drastic, just proper functioning organs :wall:

LOL rant over! :D I'm ok... (til the next poo... :shock: )

xxx

oh dannii!! :hug: I never looked at what state I was in. I was too scared but I did the other day and I can't even see a difference.

I was petrified of pooing afterwards. My friend told me it was the worst experience of her life after she had her wee girl, it put the fear in me and somehow I didn't poo (or pee!!) until 6 days later when I was home.

You just haven't had a good time! :hug: I hope things start to look up for you, health wise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back