Has anyone brought a Doppler yet ???

angiemum2b

Reaction score
I have already got one from the last pregnancy but didn't get to use it.

I brought the BF 500 one, from ebay it was a bargain price too.

But ive never used one before so haven't a clue on where you start to finding bubs HB ? :wall:

Its too early for me yet anyway.

Hi,

I have borrowed a mates and I first picked a Heartbeat up a couple of days ago at 12 weeks but it took a while. I think they normally recommend to use them from 10-12 weeks onwards so will be to early yet.
The baby's heart doesnt normally start beating till 6/7 weeks.
When the time is right you need to use it really low down, I seem to find it just above the pubic bone and my tiop would be to take you time and be patient.
Hope this helps!!

Right down near your pubic bone, move side to side. But not for a fair while yet. Trying to listen now will get you lots of other noise but not a heartbeat. Don't distress yourself by trying so early and worrying when you can't find it.

Best bet is to try from 10 plus weeks but even then you may not get anything till 12-14 weeks. And will need to keep trying really low down even then.

Also remember its usual to hear a heartbeat in 2 different places, but it does not mean its twins :roll: :lol:

I have my bid in for a angel sounds one on ebay, do you know if there any good because they seem to be the cheaper ones, or should i buy a more expensive one. Want to try and use it sometime next week when i'm about 11 weeks.

Hi Miss Sara
I havent used one of these but quite a few people have posted abouth them so try the search button at the top and put in angel sound in key words and it should bring them up

MissSara said:
I have my bid in for a angel sounds one on ebay, do you know if there any good because they seem to be the cheaper ones, or should i buy a more expensive one. Want to try and use it sometime next week when i'm about 11 weeks.

From what I've read people often have trouble picking up a heartbeat with an Angelsounds till later on. Not everyone though, but if you do get one, don't panic if you don't get anything till 14 weeks plus.

Ive got 2 lol, brought the first one whe i was pg with my 3rd and brought my other one a month ago lol

i think i'll wait for after my First scan before i use mine anyways.

thanks for the advice ladies. no doubt i'll be back asking questions once i've started to use mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back