Would you get a Doppler-pros and cons?

Doob

Reaction score
I was considering getting a Doppler but DH is very anti getting one. He thinks it will just be too stressful if there are any problems picking up the hb or that it'll become an obsession trying to listen to it and check alls well. What does everybody else think? Has anybody used one in a previous pregnancy and if so did it cause extra stress?

Thanks

I was in the same situation with o/h but I went ahead and got one anyway...!
I didn't freak on the days where I couldn't find the Hb cos I could hear the swishing of the placenta. It was nice to hear it when ever I wanted. Though I can totally understand people steering clear of them.

I have also been thinking about a doppler whats the earliest it will pick up hb?? X

Babydust to all

I have the angel sounds, paid £18 for it on Ebay. The truth is it's the best £18 i've spent in this pregnancy. I picked up LO's heartbeat from around 13weeks. It was so reassuring in the days before i could feel LO moving around. OH didn't want me to get one but once he heard baby's heartbeat using it he agreed it was a good buy.

Don't really use it much now i'm further on but i'd say if you think you could stay calm if you can't find it somedays it's worth it. Cause baby does tend to hide sometimes :)

I've just recently bought one, got the hi bebe LCD one which is good coz whilst it's to early for me to hear the hb, I can occasionally pick it up on the LCD screen and as princess said above, I can still pick up the placenta loud and clear! I haven't become obsessed yet and don't use it every day but when I can hear the hb no doubt I'll use it more regularly! I got mine second hand off eBay and it's really easy to use x x

I don't have one, I have however had a listen in on one from work and heard a very faint galloping heart beat today.... shhhh though as I haven't told my OH, want the first time he hears it to be special lol... I'm bad but couldn't help myself

I bought one last time and found it a real comfort. I will use it in the coming weeks too :)

I didn't use it for long though, once you feel movement and start getting kicked in the ribs every few minutes, that's all the reassurance you need! X

I had one in my first pregnancy and it was fantastic. So reassuring until you start to feel the baby move. Would definitely recommend it! x

I decided against getting one.

The only way I got through tri 1 with my history was to put faith in my body and my baby doing what they needed to do.... I did have a few early scans BUT I would have driven myself nuts with a doppler.

I am now getting the first flutterings so I've done the hardest part without.

Not having a doppler means hearing the HB at appointments and stuff is extra special as well :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have one, the angelsounds from eBay.
Same as everyone else, my boyfriend was quite against it. I would get upset in the early stages as I had no way of knowing if my baby was ok, it's my 1st pregnancy, I didn't have a clue what to expect. We made a joke about it an he said he'd hide it and only let me listen if I was good. I think we must of used it about twice a week. Always a sunday night, as that's out day togther and we always got cosy in bed and had a listen.
Iv never not found the heartbeat, or always heard something :) and the reassurance has been priceless! I only listen for a couple of minutes. It's been really interesting to see the different places you pick up the heartbeat and where the baby is lying. There have been some days iv not felt as much movement, and rather than get myself into a panic iv got the Doppler out and had a wee listen, and can usually tell the heartbeats a bit further back, baby must have moved!
I'm 33weeks now, and used it once last week when baby was having a sleepy day...
And also my boyfriend hasn't been able to make any of my midwife appointments, so hadn't heard the heartbeat. So it's nice for him to have had a chance to hear it.
Anyway sorry for the long post... My positive Doppler story... Best £20 of my pregnancy!

Totally agree that there are the best thing ever! I had one with my first pregnancy and sold it on ebay (did not expect to get pregnant again LOL!) and really wish I hadn't as I miss the comfort of being able to baby's hb :-(
You do however need to be aware that baby sometimes hides so do not freak out if you have trouble finding it!

Thanks everybody, if alls well at the scan on Tuesday I think I'll order one

Do they work as well on ladies who are overweight? I was considering getting one but I am not sure it will work with all my belly fat and also I worry I might obsess over hearing a hb. Still undecided..

Doob I think you will feel differently once you've had your scan. I really wanted one but now I've seen bubs is well and growing and kicking I feel much more comforted. I think id get obsessed with a Doppler so not going to buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back