Harvey Leonard Smith 09/10/10

tinkerbell86

Reaction score
sorry for the delay in writing but been a bit of a hectic time!! As you probably have read i decided to be a silly cow and fall over at 38w + 3 and break my ankle in 3 places so after having my ankle put back in place, xrays and a 3 day stay in hospital including two departments arguing over what to do with baby an epidural and operation to fix my ankle i was allowed out......to my mums address with a zimmerframe at the age of 24!!

On Thursday 7th i got a full cast put on my leg incase i went into labour and that night i woke up with my new cast hanging out of the bed and pains down my right side so putting it down to my leg thought nothing of it.

On Friday OH went out and at lunchtime i lost my plug and thought ok we have some time before baby arrives but at 11pm i had some bleeding and thought nothing of it. At 1.30am i woke up OH and said i need to go to hospital so very casually he went for a shower (the longest of his life) and then he woke my mum up!! SHe helped me get dressed while he went to our house to pick up baby bits and when he came back he called the hospital. Contractions were then about every 4 mins so off we went!!
Got to the hospital about 4am and went to triage who said we'd have to wait so back to the waiting room!! at about 5am were the only people awake in the reception except the receptionist and a midwife came out and called the lady sitting behind me who had been snoring for the past hour and when asked her contractions were 10-15mins apart so she said i was going through first as mine were now about 2mins apart and she had the cheek to moan!!

At 5am i was in Triage i was examined and was told i was 7cm dilated but waters not broken and would be transferred once they did.....but as she stood up pop so got transferred to delivery suite.

In delivery suite was finally given gas and air because of the ankle my mum (who wasnt planned to be there) had to hold my leg as i cant put weight on it and my fantastic OH held my hand and was great throughout!! after 23 mins of pushing after being told to stop using the gas and air my baby boy arrived and he was perfect!! He was cold so wrapped him up quickly but he was healthy after everything weighing 7lb 6oz!! We decided on Harvey Leonard (after both of our granddad's) and it suits him!!

After i was still bleeding so surgeon came in and said i had a 3rd degree tear so off i went to theatre. so i had to spend 2 days in hosp awaiting the physio (who only work mon -fri) about crutches.

Still have a dodgy ankle but only 3 weeks of this cast and i can hopefully start getting back to normal and walking on it to build it back up!!!

Now for the pictures!!!

Attachments

• IMG00109-20101009-0858.jpg
    IMG00109-20101009-0858.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG00110-20101010-0839.jpg
    IMG00110-20101010-0839.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00116-20101010-1901.jpg
    IMG00116-20101010-1901.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG00118-20101010-2122.jpg
    IMG00118-20101010-2122.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 16
Aw sounds like you did amazingly! Huge congrats hun, he's so handsome!!

Ps.. Hope your ankle heals soon xx

Ahh hes a sweety! Well done, and congratulations! All with a leg in plaster, impressive! X

Congrats x he's gorgeous x

congrats hun he is so gorgeous! xx

Huge congrats Hun!! After my labour, I can't believe you managed it with your ankle in a cast!! So proud of you x x

Congrats, he is such a sweetie and I love the name

can't believe you did all that with a broken ankle! You did a great job, and he's a real beaut, congrats x :love:

Congratulations!! He's a stunner! I must say he has the most beautiful lips! Evie's got nice full lips too, they're lush! x

:yay: congratulations xxxxxx

hope your ankle heals quickly can't imagine looking after a baby with a broken ankle. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back