Harvey Robert Dulson born 25th May 2008 Weighing 8lb6oz

mummysarah+co

Reaction score
I had a pretty straight forward labour and delivery so this will be short and sweet!

I woke up at 7am on Sunday and had a shower, when i got out of the shower i had a dull achey bump.
I was having non painful early contractions every 5 minutes from then on until around midday.

We got some lunch from kfc as i figured if i was up and about it would get things going properly and as soon as i'd finished eating i started getting more painful contractions so we went home and arranged for the kids to go to MIL's house for the night.
I got on with some washing up and a few last minute things whilst i waited 4 the contractions to get to the point where they were quite unbearable.

At around 3pm i got hubby to phone up the hospital and they told me to go in ready for the birth as i was contracting every 3-5 minutes still.

Got to the hospital about 4pm and was told that as id had 2 babies before that they would go by my feelings about how i was getting on down below which meant i didnt have to be examined at all.

My contractions started picking up and by 5pm they were every 3 minutes and very painful and they stayed like that until i gave birth.

My waters hadnt gone by this point so i asked the midwife to break them for me at 6.30pm as i felt like it wasnt happening i could feel an enormous pressure in my bump for about 6 contractions and they still hadnt gone and as soon as it was done Harvey was born (at 6.37pm) she told me then that i was fully dilated and was just waiting for the waters to go.
Harvey was delivered onto my chest and put to the breast soon after which i felt has really helped us to bond.
His daddy cut his chord and counted his fingers and toes.

I was allowed to go home or to a midwife run unit for rest at 11pm so i chose to go to the midwife unit for the night.
harvey was settled for most of the night and was feeding well so i went home at 4pm Monday.

I had a 6 hour labour from being established.

i opted for no pain relief this time round which i feel has helped me get over the labour quicker i felt so refreshed and glowing once he was born and i still am.

Sounds like you had the perfect labour, this is the type i want.....lol.

Congratulations on your man Harvey xxx

sounds a great labour, just the kind id like :D

well done hunni x

How wonderful, sounds like you had the perfect birth congratulations on your new addition :cheer:

Congratulations - sounds like a brilliant birth :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back