Hard Stools.

russellmuscle

Reaction score
As the title says ladies, I wont go into too much detail, but I seem to have become quite constipated this past week which is very unlike me.

Before Jackson I had severe IBS and went like once in a fortnight. Since being pregnant and having Jackson I went like sometimes thrice daily :shock:

I still seem to be eating, just wondering if its perhaps the Folic acid doing it or if its just a phase I seemed to have forgotten :lol:

Ill start senna of course, but just curious why all of a sudden my bowels have come to a halt. It is also causing me side pain, when I sit I get a shooting pain in my side, which I believe is where the bowel is?? :blush:

xxxx

I remember being constipated weeks 6-12 and then around 20-30. I am so terribly paranoid taking anything to help me go, so I drunk lots and lots of water which helped to soften them and make it a lot easier to go. The first lot seemed to be caused by the folic acid, but the changes in your hormones will probably be contributing to it too xx

Progesterone slows down gut motility so that is what can cause the constipation and also contributes to heartburn.
I use fybogel and it works a treat xx

Thanks!

I read online the bowels can be slowed by the hormones and the food sits longer, which is probably in turn what makes it hard.

I drink lots of water, diluting too!

Ill just pop some Senna and ride it out..

xxxx

I was (and still sometimes get) badly constipated went to Dr and she gave me prescription for lactulose. Seems to have helped!xx

I'm glad to see this post as iv been suffering badly I feel like I need to go and then it just doesn't come out properly. Been trying to eat more fruit and drink more. After sitting on the toilet the other day for about 15 mins with it stuck(sorry for the tmi) I felt really fed up! Xx

Don't take senna sweetie, I would go to the doctors and get lactose or fybogel prescribed
xxxxx

Says on the NHS senna or another laxitive can be prescribed but perhaps not to take on your third trimester of pregnancy.

I dont think its at the GP stage quite yet but if it gets worse Id think about it.

Not able to take anything comes in a sachet either. I was on Movi col for years, and I just cannot stomach it.

xx

I was constipated the whole way through both pregnancies and have some lovely piles as a result :shock: :shock: good luck :lol:

Last edited:
Hi ladies, congrats on the pregnancy russellmuscle! I've had this on and off throughout my pregnancy- I found that drinking a massive carton of orange juice helped get things moving. I've been struggling to drink enough fluid generally (my body's too full of baby lol) but the juice definitely helps. Hope you find something that works for you :-/

Hope you get moving soon lol (sorry)!

I was quite constipated last week but now quite loose and going several times a day. Ahhh joys of pregnancy! X

Mine has changed too :blush:

Didn't need the senna after all :lol:

It'll prob come and go, literally lmao!

xxxx

Mines been the opposite weirdly enough, I hope that's normal too in early pregnancy xx

I was having loose movements not long after feeling sick weeks 4-6 lol it's eased up a bit this week.

Mines terrible, I woke up with such awful cramps last night :( which I'm sure is cos I'm constipated.

I swear by fybogel. 1 every 2 days helps me stay regular

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back