Shooting pains and twinges

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm still having the twinge low down on my left side - it's been pretty much constant since last Wednesday. It seems to be right on my pubic bone, on the side and sometimes a bit higher up. It's not painful just niggling all the time - it gets a bit worse when I stand or walk alot.

I'm also getting shooting pains occasionally that seem to go down through vagina - some are quite strong!

I went to the EPU on Tuesday and the nurse said it could be a urine infection or constipated. Urine has subsequently come back fine and although I'm not going as much as normal, I don't feel too blocked up (sorry - tmi!).

She mentioned round ligament pain but said it was too early for that...!? But I think lots of people on here have been having them already too...?

She found the baby's hb using the sonic aid (I want one of those! - she found it immediately!) and I've found it again today using my doppler so all is well with Little P-wee but I'm just concerned as to what this is...

Thanks

i have varies twinges and aches but i just put them down to everything stretching out xx

Hmm, my SPD started at about 9 weeks! More coccyx pain with me but it was early. I'd ask for a physio referral asap if all your other tests are clear!!

She also mentioned possible SPD but said it was too early :wall2:

Why don't they just accept that some people get things earlier than the norm!!

Not sure what to do really...I don't have a midwife assigned to me so how do I go about getting a referral...? I phoned the hospital that I'm with and they just said if I was under 16 weeks I had to go to the EPU but they won't refer me will they...?

What about my GP?

You would think that if your under hosp care they would see you before 16 weeks, that's a bit harsh. Good that EPU said that baby was all well in there , and you hearing the HB as proof.

I had some shooting pains along the pelvic pant line, as few weeks ago, put it down to stretching or C-section scar getting stuck as growing in there, there is alot going on in there, specially at your stage, has your bump appeared yet, or have you had a growth spurt recently?

Hope it eases soon for you

I know...couldn't believe it when the hospital said that! At least the EPU were nice - they have been great.

My bump had definitely got bigger in the last week so I wasn't too worried after a couple of days of it but now it's been over a week...

I think I will go and see my GP tomorrow and see what he thinks.

Thanks for your thoughts JJ.

xx

At around your stage I was getting sharp shooting pains up my vagina and bum sorry tmi! I put a thread up
about it but kinda knew already that it's the normal stretching!! It's completly normal to still get twinges, I still get them now! The joys of pregnancy!! Lol

Thanks Lacey's Mummy - that has made me feel much better. I have got the shooting pains up my bum too!:eh:

I never thought that pregnancy would be full of so many odd things!

i uswed to have period type pain every month around the time i was due on,was more in my first pregnancy

i have them too 7 wks 4 days, i went for a scan and evrything is ok :) dont kno wat it is but as long as babys ok cant be too serious.

Personally my pelvic rim/bikini line is really aching. The doc didnt seem to worried but still did a urine check for an infection, at my request. This came back clear. I cannot remember anything like this with my others but these aches and twinges are very worrying aren't they!

I think in my case its the extra weight coupled with horrendous bloat putting pressure down there. My freebie preg tests arrived today, tested again, just to be sure and the bfp showed before the control...put my mind at ease :)

Guess some of our little bubs like to make their presence known right from the beginning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back