• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Had my blood tests today for IVF

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies - Hello :wave: what a great new section - thanks lots Wobbles X

Well we traveled for just over an hour today to the IVF clinic to get our bloods done ready for IVF.

Were going privately and our docs wouldn't do them, which is understandible , but my husband was a bit stressed on the way there after I told him how much they were costing us! Ended up costing slightly more as prices went up 1st april and we spent £570........... We handed over our new credit card, untested till today :wall2:

We both had HIV, HepC, HebB antigen and HepB antibody done, then I had my rubella status done and also my hormone profile ones taken too from other arm. I was on day 5 of my new cycle today so hope to get an idea of how i'm looking regards ovarian reserve and hormones, (as I'm a bit up and down with hormones since giving up breastfeeding my son 3.5 mths ago). As long as they say IVF can go ahead , I don't care!!

They had a bit of a job taking blood from my hubby, they tried several times and in the end got some from his wrist! He was nervous enougth, and the nurse told me he wouldn't look at it, but kept saying, have you taken it yet!!

We get our results next week when we go in to sign paperwork:lol:

Yay to this!!! Cracking that things are moving so quickly for you. The baby at the end will be worth whatever money you spend!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks girls

Yes I agree Dani, I keep telling my oh , I'll get the money back to pay off the card and the flexiloan and we will be fine, he can only see shortterm bless him

My best mate has got her BFP after 3 long years of TTC since her 11 week MMC and I'm over the moon for her , and she is not totaly sure of her dates, but we think 15th Dec or later , so really close to your dates!!

Last edited:
:yay: so pleased it is all happening for you, you so deserve this!! eek how exciting

Oooooh a section to urself at the mo JJ xxx
fab dayby doesy xxx

Glad bloods went well this morning xx poor hubby doing his SA tomorrow after nights :( i know how dead you feel after nights but suprisingly horny usually :D

Jj I dreamt about you while I napped :shock:
You tried ivf and didn't work :( and you went on to adopt a little sweet girl that was exactly the same age as Devon :)

Ofc don't let that upset you it was a silly dream about ivf not being successful, It was a very very happy dream and it wasn't at all about the ivf mostly about that sweet baby girl that I saw playing with Devon :love:

I have everything crossed for you and your oh :hug:
I hope ivf will be successful and you will have that little girl that I dreamt :love:

Best of luck hun! You never know we may get BFP's at the same time! :) x

All moving very quickly hun, good luck xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Yay for getting the ball rolling! Fingers crossed for results and that things get going soon for you :D

Jj I dreamt about you while I napped :shock:
You tried ivf and didn't work :( and you went on to adopt a little sweet girl that was exactly the same age as Devon :)

Ofc don't let that upset you it was a silly dream about ivf not being successful, It was a very very happy dream and it wasn't at all about the ivf mostly about that sweet baby girl that I saw playing with Devon :love:

I have everything crossed for you and your oh :hug:
I hope ivf will be successful and you will have that little girl that I dreamt :love:

Ha that's sooo funny Hope! I'm preparing myself that it will be unsuccesful, first time, so what I'm after is frozen blasocysts for natural type transfer later on to get me my baby, I will be pleased if I get any frozen ones, I don't think I can do another cycle as self funding , so fingers crossed. I'm pretty sure my hubby would never adopt actually, not now we have a family already, so I had best have that baby girl you saw then by ivf... :lol:

hey JJ im glad you found this section hun, ill be keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Good luck with it all Jj. How soon would treatment start?? X

Good luck with it all Jj. How soon would treatment start?? X

Thanks lots, well I think it depends on results being ok of sperm and my bloods , and check next week at basline scan and trial embryo transfer (they said during that, sometimes they find things like cysts and polyps, fibroids etc which need dealing with before ivf) I'm only assuming there ok, but am hoping for no surprises!!:roll: My smear test is being done next friday too, so fingers crossed they don't get dodgy results or need a retest as that will delay it too.

All the above being well, I aim to be ringing them up on the first day of my next cycle which is now due on the 18th May, just 3 weeks away!!) At my clinic you don't start any drugs till day 21 of cycle, but even so still exciting......

I see you live in hampshire, I used to live in Tadley

Last edited:
Great news, glad the ball is rolling for you hun. Although you now post in this forum, I hope you know you're still very much supported. :hugs: Hope that comes across the right way! :oooo: x x

Last edited:
Fingers crossed all your tests comes back fine, I'm sure they will but it's always nerve wracking waiting!! Well just think May is next week so it will be here before you know it :)

What a small world :) I'm just down the road from Tadley. Whereabouts do you live now xx

Great news, glad the ball is rolling for you hun. Although you now post in this forum, I hope you know you're still very much supported. :hugs: Hope that comes across the right way! :oooo: x x

Ahh yes thanks Miss July, I know what you mean , thanks X

I decided that I still be posting replys of support etc in lttc and fertility, just will keep threads to this one I think may be best:lol:

Fingers crossed all your tests comes back fine, I'm sure they will but it's always nerve wracking waiting!! Well just think May is next week so it will be here before you know it :)

What a small world :) I'm just down the road from Tadley. Whereabouts do you live now xx

Hey it is a small world.... my oh went to school in burghfeild and we now live in Bracknell, so not far at all from you - I love tadley still, much smaller place:wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back