GTT Results are in and.....

Me too! :( although my readings are never very high, so they say im borderline but then i had 2 high readings and they panicked and put me on insulin injections!

Are you on diet control or insulin? x

Hope your ok hun?! I don't know much about it? What did they say thier gonna do now?

I don't know yet, I've got to wait for the diabetes nurse to call me back :( It would explain why my babies large but he's now 5-6 weeks bigger so is basically measuring full term already and don't think he will fit through me naturally :cry:

They'll probably just tell you to watch your diet (which is annoying, this is the one time in my life i want to enjoy my food and now i cant!! grrr sorry lol)

They will more than likely induce you but i think that depends on your local hospital etc but i wouldnt worry too much until your hear from your MW but if you need any advice or info dont hesitate to ask xxxx

Aw big hugs honey x

I think they induce u at 38 weeks with diabetes don't know if that's gestational or regular tho when I had to stay in the lady I was next to was induced at 38 weeks coz she had diabetes x she had such a tiny 6lbs 12oz awe! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they induce u at 38 weeks with diabetes don't know if that's gestational or regular tho when I had to stay in the lady I was next to was induced at 38 weeks coz she had diabetes x she had such a tiny 6lbs 12oz awe! X

Yeah most places do but you can refuse it (although I am welcoming being induced!! lol)

Im being induced on friday 38w5 because of gestational diabetes

Thats a tiny baby! Makes you wonder why they would induce if baby is so small??

My DD was 6lb 5oz! And I went naturally! Is that really tiny? Lol!

Let us know what the diabetes nurse says vix!

Nicci-are you being induced this Friday?

Don't know they told her her baby would be small but they had to monitor babys blood sugar after she was born before and after the first four feeds kept poking her foot with a needle bless her! So maybe coz there is less risk of them becoming diabetic??? Or just coz of complications I have no idea x

My hospital hasnt mentioned anything like that to me, although doesnt bloody suprise me they are crap, the fact that they wanted to put me on insulin injections over 2 slightly higher readings is beyond me.

I've been told i will need to have another GTT test 6 weeks after the birth but they didnt even mention how it will affect the baby!! :(

My sugar levels are border line so maybe they assume baby will be fine???

bloody diabetic clinic grrrr lol

oh vix... try not to worry about it, your boy will come out one way or the other but as long as he is coming out safe that all that matters, im sorry tho this must couse such stress that you dont need now :(

The lady I was next to had it for like 20yrs tho so I wouldn't worry it's prob different x

Aww, big hug!

Dont know much about it but wanted to send my love! Xx

The lady I was next to had it for like 20yrs tho so I wouldn't worry it's prob different x

Maybe then :(

I would ask them on the next visit but as im being induced friday . . lol will ask the mw's at the hospital while im there :)

My SIL's lo was 6lb2 and two months on he's still tiny hehe im from a family of big'un's so it probably just small to me :)

Yep and cant wait! I know its not ideal but the last week or so i seem to have this really bad back/pelvic pain and can barely walk, that im im sooo excited about meeting this lo :)

My SIL's lo was 6lb2 and two months on he's still tiny hehe im from a family of big'un's so it probably just small to me :)

Yep and cant wait! I know its not ideal but the last week or so i seem to have this really bad back/pelvic pain and can barely walk, that im im sooo excited about meeting this lo :)

Im being induced thursday!! :D you nervous? Im very nervous ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back