grrrrrrrrrrr at harveys!!UPDATED 5/4/08

clairescunny55

Reaction score
well we ordered a 3 piece suite on 15th decmeber. we were told 9-10 weeks. We paid in full on the day we ordered £823. After 9 weeks we rang up to find out what was happening. they said we'd have it by 29th feb. Guess what? it didnt come. They then promised it by 7th march. Guess what again! it didnt come. So then they rang syaing that it would be in their warehouse on the 20th (today) and that we'd get it within a few days. NOT.

they rang me today saying that its not in the warehouse yet and wont be for a while. They have even offered us a suite on loan because it might be a while yet. I dont wanna take the loan incase millie ruins it and have to pay for that as well. I just want my new sofa! :cry: its a month late now, what would you do? would you try get your money back or wait god knows how long?

its just annoying me because, not only is it late, but they've lied to us as well

*****UPDATE 26/03******

STILL no sofa. It shouldve been delivered to their warehouse yesterday but they have just rung me and said it didnt turn up. So now they're telling me next week at the earliest :evil: They said they will sort out a good will gesture/compensation, anyone know what this could be?

DONT ORDER FROM HARVEYS!!

If they offer a replacement till yours comes they should be fine with it being used and so on. I have friends who had a gorgeous leather sofa sent as a temp replacement and with 4 kids and a dog it meant it got used and worn. The store never minded. At the end of the two months the store told them they could keep the loaner also if they wanted.

I'd call and ask them about the loaner and explain you have a young child etc. They should be fine if it gets damaged within reasonable use. I can't see any reason why you should not take the loaner one on offer till your arrives.

Follow that good advice ^^

And if not, if it was me, id cancel, get money back and buy elsewhere

I can't believe it still hasn't come! :shock: :x

I agree with the others, my friend had one on loan and they expect it to get a bit worn! Just give them a ring and make sure before you take it if you do!

I had the same problem with my sofa last year and unless they have guarenteed ( and you have it in writing, with a reciept or something like that) You will just have to take what they offer you, i was told i would have my new suite within 4 weeks and 12 weeks later (over xmas time) we didn't have one i phoned up consmuer rights and they explained unless they actually guarenteed a set date or time then i couldn't do anything about it, just request my money back but it was there choice if they refunded me............ so i just waited it out.

your kidding!!! :shock:

whats the name of that tv program - errrr watchdog is it? contact them complaining!! :wink:

im not sure how much you should get back, but if you paid for delivery i would want at least double that back.

how can a company still be trading when they have such naff customer service!!! :x

I would be asking for a refund. I'm not sure how it works in England but in Scotland your word is legally binding. So even if you don't have it in writing that it will arrive in 9-10 weeks, as they said this as a condition if sale and it has not happened you are entitled to a refund.
I think (but this could be wrong) that if they haven't specified a time then the order should legally be processed in 30 days - but that might just be with online shopping.

IT ARRIVED TODAY!! but not without its problems. There is a scuff mark on the sofa, some of the leather has come off :( its not big, but for £800+ and a 6 week delay, i expect it to be perfect) Still havent got any compensation like they promised either

clairescunny55 said:
IT ARRIVED TODAY!! but not without its problems. There is a scuff mark on the sofa, some of the leather has come off :( its not big, but for £800+ and a 6 week delay, i expect it to be perfect) Still havent got any compensation like they promised either

id definately complain hun :hug:

Glad you got it but grr at it having a scuff, i'd definately complain and demand they give you some money as compensation :hug:

This is what im scared of when we finally have to buy a brand new sofa. Iv heard so many horror stories about so many furniture stores. I think where going to hire a van and say if we cant take it today and check it first then we dont want it. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: have you made a written complaint?

you poor thing :hug: after all that and it turns up with scuff marks
Harveys don't sound to good
£75 comp is good i suppose
though for £800 id want it perfect too
are you going to keep it now?

sarah :hug:

geordie lass said:
you poor thing :hug: after all that and it turns up with scuff marks
Harveys don't sound to good
£75 comp is good i suppose
though for £800 id want it perfect too
are you going to keep it now?

sarah :hug:
someone is coming to look at the scuffs next week, if they cant be fixed they will replace it, so another 4 months :roll: :wall:

Id be asking for a full refund and tell them you wont be promoting them on the future and going to a shop that can do next day delivery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back